Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 28 2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
Im sure it wont be far away the devs dont give a exact date as to when the next release will come out it would be great if they did or gave a update to its progress but I think the devs give us lots to play with and will be worth the wait.

In the meantime we have Stoneface to keep us all amused
Dang, I know now why FT is so real-to-life for me.

My wife is often saying "... well the kids and 28 grandkids wear on us sometimes, and the economy sucks, and we are just getting a bit older every day..... but in the meantime, I have Dave to keep me amused."

I think I will sign off now, and go amuse my wife.

..... don't say it Al, I just KNOW what you are thinking ....lol

Old Aug 28 2011, 07:37 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Dang, I know now why FT is so real-to-life for me.

My wife is often saying "... well the kids and 28 grandkids wear on us sometimes, and the economy sucks, and we are just getting a bit older every day..... but in the meantime, I have Dave to keep me amused."

I think I will sign off now, and go amuse my wife.

..... don't say it Al, I just KNOW what you are thinking ....lol

lmao what else are husbands for other than the amusement factor? hahahaha.. al is also a great source of amusement, throw in taz and you could put on ur own stage show! Tony could be the X Factor Judge... all good!
Old Aug 28 2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Raul said farm 11 would be out in the next release if they wait 3 months for the next release there will be no one left playing the game. You can guess that farm 12 will be the last farm and you might be right but a lot of people guessed that farm 9 would be it and it wasn't.

The issue that flash player caused was fixed by the developers a few days after the issue happened. The issue with flash was fixed almost 2 weeks ago.
If you play in Chrome, the issue with FlashPlayer hasn't been fixed at all. I went to Firefox, and downloaded the beta version of the next FP to fix it there.... As far as I know, the devs didn't do any fixes that related to the bad FlashPlayer release.... Still ugly in Chrome....

That said, to the DEVS! UNCLE, UNCLE, UNCLE! Please give us Farm 11 and the next set of levels! I'm ready with 9 billion coins, a warehouse crammed, and OT on the paycheck that means I can splurge a little! And please explain to FB that the "new and improved" FB they forced me to take is disgusting for gamers!
Old Aug 28 2011, 07:55 PM

extremely ready for the august update!! it better be here when i get up in the morning.
Old Aug 28 2011, 07:55 PM
Account Not Linked

The people threatening to quit if there is no update astound me. Quitting because it's been a few weeks since the last update and you're not given confirmation when it's going to come out? I've played many games in the past where they update frequently but the quality is downgraded and prices are raised. If the next update takes a little longer so they can get it right, I'd prefer that over any alternative. I'll give the answer I give to my children when they get too demanding over something not going their way: It will be here when it gets here.

I'll stick with quality over quantity, thanks.
Old Aug 28 2011, 08:03 PM

I think us Farmtowners have the makings of a great doctor dissertation in social psych or something. It's really funny to watch how we react to waiting for updates. We're all happy for awhile right after an update (assuming there aren't bugs), so we rock along - probably the posts drop off a bit because people are content. Then the pressure starts to build - people start coming here more - cracking jokes - being funny and cute about wanting the new update. Then we begin to get edgy. Then people begin to threaten. Then others get upset at the people who are threatening or edgy. I think it would be a GREAT dissertation! One question I think would be interesting is . . . what causes us to cross the line between joking and getting really SERIOUS about wanting our update? Is it just a time factor? If so, how long does it take for us to cross the line? See . . . if the devs had THAT information, maybe they could use it to plan somehow? I dunno . . . I just think that's fun to think about. Anyone in this group need a topic for a dissertation or thesis???

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Aug 28 2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I think us Farmtowners have the makings of a great doctor dissertation in social psych or something. It's really funny to watch how we react to waiting for updates. We're all happy for awhile right after an update (assuming there aren't bugs), so we rock along - probably the posts drop off a bit because people are content. Then the pressure starts to build - people start coming here more - cracking jokes - being funny and cute about wanting the new update. Then we begin to get edgy. Then people begin to threaten. Then others get upset at the people who are threatening or edgy. I think it would be a GREAT dissertation! One question I think would be interesting is . . . what causes us to cross the line between joking and getting really SERIOUS about wanting our update? Is it just a time factor? If so, how long does it take for us to cross the line? See . . . if the devs had THAT information, maybe they could use it to plan somehow? I dunno . . . I just think that's fun to think about. Anyone in this group need a topic for a dissertation or thesis???

LOL - I've said before Farm Town could well be an evil social experiment.

Maybe we could make a Farm Town jigsaw with about 4000 pieces to keep everyone occupied and out of mischief while waiting.

Old Aug 28 2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _a_s_h_ View Post
The people threatening to quit if there is no update astound me. Quitting because it's been a few weeks since the last update and you're not given confirmation when it's going to come out? I've played many games in the past where they update frequently but the quality is downgraded and prices are raised. If the next update takes a little longer so they can get it right, I'd prefer that over any alternative. I'll give the answer I give to my children when they get too demanding over something not going their way: It will be here when it gets here.

I'll stick with quality over quantity, thanks.
Ditto!!! Where are we going any way did we forget this is a game and not our paycheques that feed us!!!!! How about go and redesign a farm while we wait... I know from visiting my farms some could use some twiking how about a design party on one of our farms!!!! Just a thought !!!
Old Aug 28 2011, 08:11 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Angry people quitting

I don't want to quit but as you can only get F/cash with a credit card I am not happy I always made sure there was enough cash in my pay pal a/c for what I wanted to purchase but I now have to use a credit card there for F/T At the age of 70 I do not use a credit card & will not get one just so that I can use it for Farm Cash hence I may consider Quitting if F/T can not work something out & am most upset that Farm Town has not considered people like who have used farm cash & had bought every farm cash item till they changed to use credit cards

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 28 2011, 08:13 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Maybe they were trying to activate that diversification ranking thing they introduced awhile back.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread