Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 07 2012, 05:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by susiefry View Post
Personally after playing farmville for years and seeing what they charge for things, we should NOT be complaining at all about Farm Town charging cash for things...TRUST ME!! Most of the tools and about half the facilities are cash and a handful of decor otherwise its almost all coins. So after playing a game where no exaggeration needed that about 90% of their stuff was cash, this game is AWESOME! I wish the expansions werent so much on coins but hey, at least its an option for coins too....lol
Thank you Farm Town: no complaints from me, you have an awesome game
Same here..I was at the top..on the game you mentioned..plus one more of theirs..deleted them..and came back here...and..I am in agreement..No complaints from me...
Old May 07 2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
Kudos to Raul and the devs for the extremely quick response on reinstating the "glitch" for the dirt paths. It doesn't really affect me, since I have no creative ability at all.... , but I am very happy that it was fixed so I can still enjoy some of these incredible artistic creations that other farmers make.

My only concern now, is that this "fix" was kinda pushed to the front, and the "passion fruit" was supposed to be released Monday and the hours are waning. LOL

So, Raul, if you see this....Please don't forget about the passion fruit!!

Thanks,
Deborah
Happy Farming!!
Passionfruit is in the seed section of the store.
Old May 07 2012, 05:47 PM

Raul has added this to his original announcement:

Cedar and Bamboo show correct image when rotated.
- Passion Fruit new crop and Passion Herbal Tea Lemonade.
- Stone Path now also preserves old behaivor allowing you to create waterfalls and other designs.

Known Issues

- Right now the dirt and stone path have some mixed (old/new) behaivor, they are still floor level items meaning they will not overlap (sink) other items in them, they will always appear under other items close to the floor, but they will still allow to do some of the tricks designers used to create waterfalls, etc. That's the simple solution and could be a good compromise.

But based on user feedback we may decide instead to add another "duplicate" of the dirt path and stone path, they will both look exactly the same in the store and in the farm but:

1. One set will behaive exactly the same as before, it will allow the same tricks and they will not be floor level items, so other items may sink in them

2.The other set will be floor level items, they will always be under other items close to the floor, will not sink other items, and also, they will allow to put other stuff on top of them.

The downside of this alternative is that it can be quite confusing, having both sets of items in the farm that looks the same and behaives differently. We will listen to feedback and to the moderators feedback and make a decision based on that.
Old May 07 2012, 05:51 PM

Raul, I personally would not be confused by two sets of paths. I always delete them when I am finished designing, I don't use storage for paths.
Old May 07 2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
Raul has added this to his original announcement:

- Right now the dirt and stone path have some mixed (old/new) behaivor, they are still floor level items meaning they will not overlap (sink) other items in them, they will always appear under other items close to the floor, but they will still allow to do some of the tricks designers used to create waterfalls, etc. That's the simple solution and could be a good compromise.

But based on user feedback we may decide instead to add another "duplicate" of the dirt path and stone path, they will both look exactly the same in the store and in the farm but:

1. One set will behaive exactly the same as before, it will allow the same tricks and they will not be floor level items, so other items may sink in them

2.The other set will be floor level items, they will always be under other items close to the floor, will not sink other items, and also, they will allow to put other stuff on top of them.

The downside of this alternative is that it can be quite confusing, having both sets of items in the farm that looks the same and behaives differently. We will listen to feedback and to the moderators feedback and make a decision based on that.

Thats a brilliant idea - I also never keep them anyway - I would like to keep the stone paths under things but still be able to use them on top ditto the dirt paths. If you can call them something different so we can tell which is which that would be good

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old May 07 2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberdh View Post
Hi there. Might be because facebook is updating a few minor things. When you do get onto your farm, make sure "remove spaces" is checked in your settings(the wrench).
Hi Amber - I got back in - no I cant get the dirt paths to stick to anything except water. I see Rail has added anotehr note to his post though - Oh I do have remove spaces checked - most def!!

Old May 07 2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
I experimented and was able to overlap a couple buildings and two rocky mountains. Also overlapped a couple boulders. Are you saying you have only been able to overlap water items?
Ok Im confused but it works - the dirt paths and stone paths LOOK as if they arent sticking and are under things like the rocky mountains, but you can use them as before as a tool to let you overlap two mountains.

So I am happy I can get my mountain mines back - Im not a great designer - I dont have the imagination but I like things to look realistic and love to see others creations.

I have to add my thanks to Raul & Co - this game is the best and you try so hard to keep us happy - thank-you

Here is what I mean.

Old May 07 2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I used stone paths too but I am quite happy that I can set a building or table on stone paths and have it look right, or make a cobblestone road and have my car set OK without having to place a tree to hide my sinking tire.

And yes I know I will have to use twice as many dirt paths when merging but for me it is a good trade off.

Just giving the devs a different view point that some of us like it the way it is since the dirt paths have been restored to the old way.
I agree whole-heartly Happy with the dirt paths the way they were. and the non-sinking on the others. Love it.
Old May 07 2012, 07:02 PM

Thanks Raul and Co We are so lucky that you actually listen to us and react accordingly. Love this game

Old May 07 2012, 07:09 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Is it just me? Or did the "Production Chain" option disappear from the Harvest/Plow/Sow/Store planting thing? What's up with that?

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread