Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 13 2010, 06:00 PM
Account Not Linked

I very rarely spend any time in the market place to do anything other than hire people so you don't have to worry about hiring me. I find there are much better ways to waste my time than begging for jobs in the market place.

Carly, people are allowed to be "greedy" with their farms. They are after all their farms. Not your farm. Not hte farm of everyone in the market place. I don't understand why people suddenly think farms are somehow community property which they can tell the actual owners how to run them.

And I am extremely greedy with my time. I have a life beyond farm town. I don't have time to sit around and baby sit my farm. I hire and walk away from my computer to actually take part in said life and come back at my leisure to handle the rest of my farm. I'm sorry my greed with my time offends you, but I won't be sitting around by my computer to make sure the harvesters have someone to talk to.

Last edited by Wild; Feb 15 2010 at 07:21 AM. Reason: removed quote of deleted post
Old Feb 15 2010, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
I very rarely spend any time in the market place to do anything other than hire people so you don't have to worry about hiring me. I find there are much better ways to waste my time than begging for jobs in the market place.

Carly, people are allowed to be "greedy" with their farms. They are after all their farms. Not your farm. Not hte farm of everyone in the market place. I don't understand why people suddenly think farms are somehow community property which they can tell the actual owners how to run them.

And I am extremely greedy with my time. I have a life beyond farm town. I don't have time to sit around and baby sit my farm. I hire and walk away from my computer to actually take part in said life and come back at my leisure to handle the rest of my farm. I'm sorry my greed with my time offends you, but I won't be sitting around by my computer to make sure the harvesters have someone to talk to.
This.

Well said.

I'm often doing other things, and my hiring of others is a favor unto them. Sometimes I chat, but half the time, I'm doing something else while they are working because I don't have all day to sit on FT. If the farm owner doesn't say anything, they probably are in another window or away from the keyboard. Just say thanks and move on. If you want to ignore, that's your prerogative. You may just miss out on another harvest or plowing job.

Don't take it so personally.
Old Feb 14 2010, 01:54 PM

Just to remind everyone that personal attacks are not tolerated, nor is discussion of 'cheats'. Posts containing either can and will be deleted without notice to the member.

Please, guys, there's room for all views here. Discussion is fine, but try and keep it polite.
Old Aug 14 2010, 09:46 AM

Someone told me a while back about going offline. There a little plug connected button at the top that puts you offline when pressed. It works super great for when you are just trying to sell your products.

As far as going to hire someone I always go behind the stand and get as far down out of site as I can. You can do that with the selling as well.

I've pretty much gotten a bit upset with the market lately and to me it's just easier to do it myself. I can use the harvester and the plow at 4x and get it done quicker. Granted it does cost a bit more in coins for plowing but giving the annoyance with the market place and trying to find someone to actually work, Does it really matter. Easier is good. LOL
Old Aug 14 2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynn721 View Post
Every time I go to the marketplace looking for workers, people are constantly trying to hire me. I always ask them to not try to hire me since I'm not looking for work but they're extremely inconsiderate. It's very irritating and takes away from my enjoyment of the game. It would be ideal to find a way to separate the "hirers" from the "hirees" to simplify the process. I've been trying to find someone to work on my farm for the past half hour! I miss the old tree hugger thread...got some amazing workers from there.
I hide behind the tent.

You need to keep in mind new people coming in did not see your request to not be hired so they don't know.

Hopefully the devs will come up with a way to separate the marketplace.

Also, I always go to offline mode to sell.
Old Aug 14 2010, 09:59 AM

i hide under the tent no one can click you there
Old Aug 14 2010, 10:03 AM

I'm the same. I get away from the crowd, over to one side, when I go to sell.
Old Aug 14 2010, 10:35 AM
Account Not Linked

Default common sense

I find it irritating that a lot people that DONT want to be hired are standing front and center in the most visible place and they aren't sending any messages about why the are there. They just stand there looking like they want to be hired.

It seems logical that if you want to be hired, stand in a very visible place and send frequent messages that you want to be hired. To ge hired, someone has to click on you. So logically, those wanting to be hired need to be visible so someone can click on them.

If you are looking to hire, hide yourself and send frequent messages that you are wanting to hire someone. You don't have to be front and center for you message to be seen. It will still show up in the chat window at the bottom. When you are hiring, no one has to click on you, so stay out of the way.

Either way, the important thing is to send frequent messages about why you are there. Don't just stand there and expect people to automatically know what you want and then get irritated when they guess wrong.
Old Aug 14 2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I find it irritating that a lot people that DONT want to be hired are standing front and center in the most visible place and they aren't sending any messages about why the are there. They just stand there looking like they want to be hired.
I have noticed that too.
Old Aug 14 2010, 11:21 AM

I just started going offline; much easier..especially if I don't have time to be hired by someone. I never refuse jobs even if I forget; it's just sometimes I just don't have the time.

I feel bad for people who hire and then once the employees get to their farm....THEY LEAVE. Many times, I've been the last one harvesting, plowing, or fishing because the "crop" wasn't "good enough" for the employee (OR INSERT REASON HERE).

Going offline is best if you are just there to sell, click the plug...sell...return to your farm, and click back online.

Easy-peasy.

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09