Old Sep 01 2012, 08:32 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
The trains are not required to work neighbors facilities, you can still work your neighbors facilities like you always have. The mayor will still work the 50% that he has previously worked, but the extra help that involves the number of boxcars is just a bonus for the ones that has purchased them. There is no greed here you are not forced in any way to purchase any boxcars. Gifting sites is not endorsed by Slashkey they are bringing items that people have asked for, if you don't want or like the boxcars, then you don't have to purchase them.
No we do not need to buy the trains to play, which is fine as I have bought some of the cars for what I needed extra of.

But not sure if I will buy the cattle car as I have enough of the animals except the goats and turkeys.

It would have been better to have them bring the milk and eggs and so on instead of the animals, as where are you going to put them all at.

The only thing the most will be good for is to sell them.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 01 2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm36 View Post
i have a 2 questions regarding the cattle car ..

1 - when the cattle car gets unloaded, will the animals be placed in storage, in their respective barns or our gift box? if they go to storage, being able to add them to their respective barns from storage would be great since most have trains located on 1 farm and animal barns located on other farms. this would make it easier than having them go to storage and having to remove them from storage, place them on the farm before we can load them into their barns.

2- will we be able to select which animals and how many of them to load up? i need hens and turkeys more then cows and goats so having an option to select /unselect which animals and picking how many of each get loaded up would be great.
I agree on your second question, I would like the option to select what is needed on all of them. I would buy more trains if we could. I have bought 1 train and the only thing I need out of it is the canvas which I am not really getting enough out of it to make it worth buying the train. Most of what all the other trains carry I have so much of I don't need it. I could use two door box car to get the paper roll but I have 100's of thousands of the pigments why should I. Oh well...
Old Sep 01 2012, 08:41 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the seeds do not stay sorted to Stored Amount?
Old Sep 01 2012, 08:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Question shrunken farm

WF38, chrome

Just letting u know that my farms have shrunk! The normal play screen is only showing the middle part of the usual. I have discovered a way around it by going to full-screen and that is the only way that I can use menus, work neighs facs and service facs. In the normal screen the red cross to click off can't show cos of shrinkage. The far rhs of the extended tool menu is just barely showing. Hard to explain. It's been like it since I started playing 5 hrs ago.

Have re-booted pc and cleaned my flash player.

Looks like a glitchy thing since the new realease?

Anybody else encountering this?

edit note: I use chrome and just tested with safari. Glitch is there when using chrome but all is normal with safari.

Last edited by onamission; Sep 01 2012 at 08:58 PM. Reason: more info
Old Sep 01 2012, 09:01 PM

@onamission,

1. Click on a patch of white on the page (outside the Farm town window)

2. Press Ctrl + 0 (ctrl-zero).

The problem is that you have accidentally zoomed your page. Doing the above procedure will reset it to the default zoom.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm
Old Sep 01 2012, 09:31 PM
Account Not Linked

I keep reading how wonderful the new (Hands) tools are. I hate to think I am missing out on something so great. Would someone explain so a daft person understands. What can I do with them,that I need to do. Layer ponds rivers..I need a clear picture in my head. I am clearly out of my realm, LOL
Old Sep 01 2012, 09:57 PM

How about a meat car ,I have 15 trucks and am out of meat everyday!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 01 2012, 10:25 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregh View Post
@onamission,

1. Click on a patch of white on the page (outside the Farm town window)

2. Press Ctrl + 0 (ctrl-zero).

The problem is that you have accidentally zoomed your page. Doing the above procedure will reset it to the default zoom.
duh me! Thanks so much GregH, all fixed now! No glitch after all thank goodness
Old Sep 01 2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImajeanB View Post
I hope I'm not out of line jumping in here but a tip on not revisiting the same farms to help. I click like and then go help therefore I know I already helped. Hope this helps you.
Thanks for your recommendation neighbor, trying to help is never "out of line". I know when I've been to a specific neighbor's farm and worked their facilities, but sometimes while I'm in the middle of working them I will accidentally go back to a farm that I have already been to. Especially if the page started me off in the middle of the farm grid, say farm 7 or 8 rather than farm 1 or 15. Then I have to click through all the facs before moving onto the next farm or reload the page over again and risk the same thing on other farms that I have already worked. (Age= poor memory)

If the mayor would tell us at the beginning that we already worked the farms instead of asking if we wanted to work them, it would save some time.

Appreciate the help, though!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Sep 01 2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petuniaflower View Post
I keep reading how wonderful the new (Hands) tools are. I hate to think I am missing out on something so great. Would someone explain so a daft person understands. What can I do with them,that I need to do. Layer ponds rivers..I need a clear picture in my head. I am clearly out of my realm, LOL
Petunia,

For the past 4 years, decorating farms and overlapping items has required an enormous amount of time and effort carefully placing dirt paths so that we could create 3D effects. There are other options like using tabs to move things around on a farm, but I'm not permitted to discuss that here

The point is, that the new hand tools now allow us to layer and overlap while decorating without using the unintentional glitch that occurred with the dirt or stone paths. If you would like to see the results of layering or overlapping items, please feel free to visit my farms. There are also plenty of farms that use this technique in the Social section of this forum.

The hand tools are going to be a lifesaver, especially when the new farms arrive! Happy Farming!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Closed Thread