Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Feb 15 2012, 09:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryloushoe View Post
POSTS/REQUESTS NOT SHOWING:
I posted two requests to work facilities and refer clients and they are not showing up
I checked and all of the posts and requests from my neighbors aren't showing now
either
Sorry if I posted on the wrong thread
Thanks!
For you own posts look on your profile page. In the upper right corner of your posts see who it is posted to. If they are not going to either your friends or to a Farm Town group you have created then you will need to reset that setting. To do that hover your mouse pointer over Farm Town on your Home page in the left column until you see a pen symbol. Click on that and choose Edit Settings. The next to last item in the next page (App Activiy Privacy) needs to be set to either friends or to a Farm Town list.
For the posts on your Newsfeed not showing hover the mouse over Newsfeed and again click on the pen symbol and choose Edit Settings. In the next page look for Farm Town in the list. If it is there click on the X next to it to remove it from the blocked list.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 15 2012, 09:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixierobinson24 View Post
What the heck is this quests thing? I am totally confused...
The quests in Zynga are why people are leaving their games....
Can Farm Town still be played without quests?
I need more instuctions then what I found on QUESTS typed into search... there is no answer there, this is not what I started playing for... and I need full instuctions, and I still may not understand
If you read the top post of this thread and the top post for the previous Announcement then you will know a s much as the rest of us about the quests.
If you don't want to do the quests then don't as they are not needed to play.

Your best bet for finding out what materials and how many are needed for facilities are spreadsheest found in the link below and in the Game Guide Chapter 28.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311718
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 15 2012, 09:54 PM
Account Not Linked

OK I have a small complaint about the update. Why is rice and mushrooms in the Chinese buffet? Why not have fried rice in the buffet and what is with mushrooms and watermelon beings in that facility? The watermelon is not that big a deal but we need mushrooms for other things I would like to see something else there instead. Raw rice is not seen at a buffet it is either steamed or fried and we do make fried rice so to me that is a better choice.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Feb 15 2012, 10:18 PM

I am really annoyed now. I tried to use the social lifeline so I could get beeswax somehow for my chandelier quest. Despite getting 3 or 4 favors from people who gave me punching bag ingredients (punching bags for some unknown reason use beeswax) and storing the ingredients properly I still have no beeswax to use. It is telling me to trade ingredients for the quest when ZERO of the ingredients for a chandelier (some sort of granules for glass, metal ore, and beeswax) can be obtained through trade. What is the point in it saying I can trade for things the game will not let me trade for?

What is the purpose in the trade part to begin with if the starter ingredients cannot be obtained via favors? Even if it is the way others are interpreting it (last facility), that still doesn't help either. Most of the FC facilities that people don't have and need for the quests are the last ones.

PLEASE make the bee farm, fish farming plant, etc. workable or the ingredients made in them trade-able. Please prevent this social function from choosing a worthless option for the quest (none of the ingredients for mine are trade-able yet that's the option it picked for me). Or at least include bonuses that we collect for others (X person reached the beeswax brown belt... that you collect) as being a way to collect needed items for a quest. Like if I need to load a tea kettle in a facility. I have the bed and breakfast and explorer shop that uses them, but do not have the cookware facility or whatever that makes the tea kettles. If I've made the metal sheets, plastic thing, red dye, etc. then I should be able to get a tea kettle bonus for someone else and have one of the 125 or more that I collect from that be usable in my quest. Thank you.
Old Feb 15 2012, 10:20 PM

I completed a really long quest tonight and can't claim my prize. The "Redeem Prize" thing is there and not grayed out but it doesn't seem to be a link - the icon doesn't change and if I click nothing happens. Hope I can claim this one!

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Feb 15 2012, 10:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I completed a really long quest tonight and can't claim my prize. The "Redeem Prize" thing is there and not grayed out but it doesn't seem to be a link - the icon doesn't change and if I click nothing happens. Hope I can claim this one!
Clear your cache, close the browser and reopen then try again. You may have to move your mouse pointer slowly over the button until it changes to the hand and then click.
Old Feb 15 2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
I got this to work - just a little hard to find the sweet spot on the link. I've been having that trouble with the tools window, too. Sometimes hard to find the spot to trigger a link to a tool.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Feb 15 2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
I got this to work - just a little hard to find the sweet spot on the link. I've been having that trouble with the tools window, too. Sometimes hard to find the spot to trigger a link to a tool.
Yes, I find it very difficult to find the spot to click on the walk icon on the tool bar. Once I have a tool, I can't seem to get rid of it.

I love the new flowers (sorry, that was a few upgrades ago) but they seem to be harder to harvest. The sweet spot is either smaller or in a different spot than the older flowers.
Old Feb 16 2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Yes Ive been having similar problems - soemtimes my green man and the shrink to normal screen wont work in full screen mode. I use the ESC key and then everything works. It seems to be after Ive just loaded facilities and the bonuses are working their way through.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Feb 16 2012, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
OK I have a small complaint about the update. Why is rice and mushrooms in the Chinese buffet? Why not have fried rice in the buffet and what is with mushrooms and watermelon beings in that facility? The watermelon is not that big a deal but we need mushrooms for other things I would like to see something else there instead. Raw rice is not seen at a buffet it is either steamed or fried and we do make fried rice so to me that is a better choice.
Yes I wondered about that too? Uncooked rice??

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Closed Thread