Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 11:10 PM

While I'm still getting an incredible lag that slows everything down to a crawl when I plow (and I have to wait for my avatar to "catch up" (though it doesn't really "catch up", but still adds points/coins while I watch after I've clicked through everything) once the lag lets up I've never seen my avatar move so fast!!!!! And when I'm harvesting now...WOW...that little guy is on some jacked up speed (whereas he used to be on crack ha!) Good job reverting things back to the way they were and doing whatever you did to make things even faster (at least it's faster for me...except, of course, for that lag I mentioned, which, unfortunately, I've had for the LONGEST time now).
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:31 PM
Account Not Linked

I have to get this out, i really HATE this all ready done ****, what a waste of time ..........
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:52 PM

Get rid of "already done" IMO that results in more lost coins. (and thanks for everything you do.) Enjoy Christmas. We can all live with or without FT for a little bit longer. Enjoy the holidays.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:55 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

just had 2 jobs.

1) one worker (me) and boss on farm. speed was good etc... yeah.
2) +4 workers plus boss plus late hires for plow. It let me click about 4 plots before it started queing them to harvest and then it crept to a HALT... super slow motion... and then I got to watch a redhead reharvest all the ones I'd clicked. THEN it booted me. brilliant...

so maybe this upgrade is good for 1:1 work but for those who hire mass farmers at once, it really leaves a bad taste in your mouth... so I am left with hoping a buddy or neighbor is online to do mine or I do them myself (welcome back to FarmVille)... and one of the fun parts of farmtown was getting work on nights my crops were growing but a repeat of #2 above sucks and I'm not keen.

I don't know the fix, it just makes it easier for me to put this game aside for a while.

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by Wild; Dec 24 2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: edited out profanity
Old Dec 24 2009, 12:01 AM
Account Not Linked

I love that you took it back to the faster harvesting and plowing as it saves so much time. I am experiencing lots of difficulty on and off all day in the market.. One min it shows names as to who is talking and then it doesn't so you don't know who is talking and the hiring requests won't go through until you go to someones farm and they hire you there. It makes it vry difficult to hire or get a job when you cannot see names. But I do love the fact that you fixed the extremely time consuming harvesting and plowing. I am back to enjoying working at my farm and others. Matter of fact.. as of right now ppl in the market are having trouble hiring .. The requests won't go through and there aren't any names. I know you're still trying to work out the glitches but I just thought I would let you know about these couple things.. Thanks so much Oh.. and your super fast avatar is the bomb!!!

Last edited by Jaysgirl; Dec 24 2009 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Forgot to say something
Old Dec 24 2009, 12:02 AM

Okayyy..

Just did a harvesting job from a hire at the MP.
Speed very fast indeed, but yes, the avatar movement is a little distracting. There were other workers there.
About halfway through the job, my coins stopped adding in, and then I couldn't click to harvest the plots, even though I was working a section where no one else appeared to have been and the plots didn't appear already harvested.
Another strange anomoly.. the chat from the MP carried on in the chat box, even though I was quite clearly at the farm, and could see the hiring farmer's words as well as the other workers.
Old Dec 24 2009, 12:02 AM

Thank you very much for the fix, but the problem of collision when two or more people are doing the same job is really serious. Could you please let us know immediately when a field has been clicked by other people? I don't mind waiting for the coins/xps to load, but waiting for those "already done" notices to pop up one by one is frustrating.
Old Dec 24 2009, 12:03 AM
Account Not Linked

Default better...but still issues

Hello! thank you for fixing many of the issues from yesterday!. I really appreciate the effort you put fortht he appaease so many of us who were 9are) having issues. My major issue today is the constant connection time out. This is happening on almost every hire tonight. Are you working onresolving this, as well? That would be awesome!
Old Dec 24 2009, 12:13 AM
Account Not Linked

This game has gotten so slow, it is almost worthless. I harvested and plowed a very small area for someone and when they hired me to harvest their 2nd farm, I never got the rest of my plow points from the first farm. Harvesting moved slower than a snails pace at the 2nd farm. After harvesting the entire field, my avatar had only advanced a very very small section. I gave up and left. I have 10 million buck with nothing to spend it on, so I didn't need the coins. Wanted to stick around to plow, but gave up.

Changes were not good and it didn't go back to the old way. It's terrible. I'm very close to quitting this game.
Old Dec 24 2009, 12:17 AM
Account Not Linked

Forgot to add: I am getting hire requests when I am already at a farm working. It's like my avatar is in two places; the marketplace AND someones farm at the same time. Not a bad deal if you don't like what you're harvesting, but frustrating for the person who is trying to hire someone.
Closed Thread