Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 31 2009, 07:55 AM

Now if only we could mass delete! Or at least turn off the delete-confirm temporarily. Deleting and confirming, one at a time, hundreds of harvested plots is onerous!
Old Oct 31 2009, 08:15 AM

Thank you all so much, makes a great difference
Old Oct 31 2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Susan, defriend her... Unless she has 10 friends, she'll probably never miss you (this is no dig on you). I've had almost 4k friends (mafia wars), so unless I actually interact with them, I never really know them in any way. So if they defriend me, I never really know/miss them, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

I just recently cleaned my list, from 4k to 300. lol
Hmmm. Ok, maybe I will. Thanks for the nudge. But - doesn't it sort of defeat the purpose of FB if we have a lot of "friends" that we don't really know? I'll try to get over my foul mood about this - I really will! LOL It just seems like a slap in the face to those of us who buy the most stuff and would like to keep it without cluttering our FB accounts.

But thanks for the input about defriending.
Old Oct 31 2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denneym1 View Post
The storage was sorely needed, but I am not sure why there is such an arbitrary limit on how much you can store. Seasonal items add up quick, when each pumpkin or tombstone takes up a storage space....and there are lots of holidays I am sure there will be seasonal items released for.

Maybe for server load reasons ? there needs to be a limit of some kind, so some dolt doesn't have 40,000 dirt paths in storage (it would happen) but this limit seems so low as to be almost useless. My two cents worth anyway.
MD
There shouldn't be a server load issue. We don't ACTUALLY have items in our storage. The program just says that we have x number of item blah in our account. Then as we "take things out", the number decreases. But it shouldn't take any more server space to hold 40,000 dirt paths than it would to hold one. I'm concerned about the lack of space, too. I think I have more Halloween items than I have storage space for. It discourages me from wanting to buy Christmas items and yet I know I'm going to want to.
Old Oct 31 2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiLu View Post
If you just put your games friends on a list called games (or whatever you want) you can restrict that list to seeing whatever you want them to see, so you can hide whatever you want to be private.
Hmmm - I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to check in to how that works. Thanks for the tip.
Old Oct 31 2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenii View Post
yes you can. i have my tractor and my harvester both in storage....

@OWP my 13 yr old has a facebook account. he can't even hire to plow because he doesnt have enough neighbors... make great friends or not, he isnt allowed to add people we don't know because there are child predators out there... and guess what they like to use to get their prey...

i don't think it is fair that neighbors is how we get more storage. i can make new acquaintences in the market, the inn, or the real estate office and add them to my buddies. i don't want to add people to my facebook just to get app perks. but thanks for the storage guys
Yeah, if storage were based on buddies, I'd be totally happy with that. Heck, I'd probably even pay Farm Cash to get more storage but I know I'm probably in the minority.
Old Oct 31 2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyOhighOBch View Post
Am curious? If you remove a friend from FaceBook, can they still remain a neighbor in Farmtown?
I doubt it, although I haven't tried it.
Old Oct 31 2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carowe21 View Post
I am having the same problem we had at the last update. I can't see most of the peope at the Market and can't hire them or be hired myself. I love Farm Town and enjoy each new level.

Thank you.
This happens to me, too, but if you just click on the Map > Marketplace thing again, you'll eventually get to a Market that's working correctly. Sometimes you have to try more than once - just check the chat box when you go in. If you see a person's name in front of what they said, you're in good shape. No names, leave the Market and re-enter until you see the names.
Old Oct 31 2009, 09:18 AM
Green Wizard ( Level 34 )

Farmer Since: Nov 16 2009
Level:
Trophies: 10
XP:
Thumbs up Great Feature

Thanks for the new feature! How about one more? Tree protection from rogue harvesters..................

Visit The Funny Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 31 2009, 09:19 AM
Green Wizard ( Level 34 )

Farmer Since: Jun 10 2009
Level:
Trophies: 14
XP:

Kelsay, It's the same icon at the bottom right that you use to store harvested crops before going to the market. You click on storage and then you choose either harvest or items

Visit WALKABOUT FARMS

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread