Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 01 2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normahvh View Post
Are we supposed to be making more coins by using the new processing? I don't seem to be getting much (if any) returns for all the processing. My coin level is not moving up. I am disappointed with the purchase of the new items. Lot of attention, and not much return, if any.
Are you moving the finished product to your storage and then selling them in at the marketplace?
Old Apr 01 2010, 02:03 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop73 View Post
I have just completed my research on whether or not it is advantageous to create the products of these new facilities and I must conclude that all but one of the additions is a complete waste of money for players. Unless you are trying to increase your level points there is no reason to waste your money creating these new foods, but there are more effective ways to increase your level points without wasting so much money. I am of course assuming that a player harvests their crops with help on each crop. I will explain below.

If a player could sell a unit of Wheat at market for $136ea., and it costs 10 units of Wheat to produce 1 unit of Flour, then the cost to produce one unit of Flour is $1360. Wheat unit per Flour unit, the loss to the player would be -$760 per unit on what the player could potentially produce.
10 fields of wheat produce 5 units of flour that sell for 600 coins each. it takes 2 fields of wheat for every unit of flour. The wheat cost you 200 coins for 2 fields that is 80 coins for seeds and 20 coins to plow per field (this can be less if you hire to plow). If you hire harvest the wheat you make a profit of 116 per field. If you make flour out of the wheat you will now make 200 coins per field. This is a much better option then selling your wheat. This goes for all the products you can make, you will make more money off of them then just selling the corp.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Apr 01 2010, 02:06 PM
Account Not Linked

Default New Facilities

To me, these are a lot of sugar for a nickel......a lot of attention to the processing but coins not going up. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but, I am disappointed with the process. Love the game, jury is still out on the new processing plants.
Old Apr 01 2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop73 View Post
I have just completed my research on whether or not it is advantageous to create the products of these new facilities and I must conclude that all but one of the additions is a complete waste of money for players. Unless you are trying to increase your level points there is no reason to waste your money creating these new foods, but there are more effective ways to increase your level points without wasting so much money. I am of course assuming that a player harvests their crops with help on each crop. I will explain below.

If a player could sell a unit of Wheat at market for $136ea., and it costs 10 units of Wheat to produce 1 unit of Flour, then the cost to produce one unit of Flour is $1360. Wheat unit per Flour unit, the loss to the player would be -$760 per unit on what the player could potentially produce.

Using this same rationale from a Sugarcane unit to a Sugar unit, the loss to the player would be -$530 per unit on what the player could potentially produce.

Using this same rationale from a Cow Milk unit to a Butter unit, the loss to the player would be -$93 per unit on what the player could potentially produce.

Using the same rationale from a Cow Milk unit to a Cheese unit, the gains and losses are equal, but the Cheese just takes time to produce.

Using the same rationale from a Goat Milk unit to a Goat Cheese unit, the gains to the player would be $30 per unit on what the player could potentially produce. Goat Cheese seems to be the only advantageous product from a raw resource (Goat Milk).

Trying to produce Pizzas, Yogurts, Pies, Cakes, and Cookies makes a player's coin losses exponentially worse, SO DON'T PRODUCE THEM! Unless you like to lose coins unnecessarily. On the other hand a player would lose less coins and gain more level points if they simply plow, sow Raspberry seeds, bulldoze the Raspberry fields, and plow again.

To the creators of the facilities: You need to make the coin incentives much more advantageous to players to make it worth the time and coins to produce them. For example at a minimum Flour needs to sell at no less than $1360 per Flour unit, or reduce the number of Wheat units it takes to produce a Flour Unit to no more than 4 Wheat units at Flour's current sell price. Sugar, Butter, and Cheese would also have to change.

Your math is way off across the board. I think perhaps you are mixing batches and units when you do the calculations.

Let's take wheat, for example. Hired harvest wheat sells for 216 coins. 10 wheat would sell for 2160 coins. That same 10 wheat makes one batch of 5 flour that sells for 3000 coins. You've just made an additional an 840 coins for processing the flour into wheat.

All of the facilities that I have are profitable. I'm sure the two I don't own are just as profitable.
Old Apr 01 2010, 02:08 PM
Account Not Linked

I have moved it as the percentage is at 100% and saved it for taking to market.
Old Apr 01 2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
10 fields of wheat produce 5 units of flour that sell for 600 coins each. it takes 2 fields of wheat for every unit of flour. The wheat cost you 200 coins for 2 fields that is 80 coins for seeds and 20 coins to plow per field (this can be less if you hire to plow). If you hire harvest the wheat you make a profit of 116 per field. If you make flour out of the wheat you will now make 200 coins per field. This is a much better option then selling your wheat. This goes for all the products you can make, you will make more money off of them then just selling the corp.
Beat me to it!
Old Apr 01 2010, 02:14 PM
Account Not Linked

thanks for the reply....I will keep working it and checking the coins
Old Apr 01 2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normahvh View Post
I have moved it as the percentage is at 100% and saved it for taking to market.
The only thing I could suggest is that if you aren't doing a lot of production you aren't going to see huge increases in coins...just like planting. If you don't plant a lot you don't make a lot.

I had over two weeks worth of production in my sugar refinery at one point prior to neighbors being able to help speed production. Once my neighbors could help I was able to finish that in just a couple of days. I don't remember how much it sold for but it was a huge amount. I had 200,000 plus of flour in my storage yesterday and used about half of it to make pizzas.
Old Apr 01 2010, 02:26 PM

More numbers:

Surgarcane, hired harvest sells for 133 coins which becomes one unit of sugar for 200 coins.

Cows milk sells for 30 coins which becomes 20 units of butter and sells for 140 coins or 6 units of cheese which sells for 600 coins.

Goats milk sells for 35 coins and becomes 8 units of goat cheese and sells for 960 coins.

I think the batch vs. units is continuing to confuse people and the fact that it isn't usually a straight 1 unit in for 1 unit out.
Old Apr 01 2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortal View Post
Wish so many animals/items didnt rely on gifts. My friends never send anything...
Sounds like you need some new friends. I have the same problem with a number of my friends, and trust me, as soon as I can replace them, I will. Right now all that some of them are good for is fuel count when I refuel (you don't even want me to get started on the fueling system on that 'other farm game').

Now, if you want to talk gifts ... That 'other farm game' is about as worthless as it gets. I keep getting eggs, which once I have a ton of them I can maybe trade for a decent looking windmill, otherwise I can trade it for a sheep wearing a New Years Eve hat or some other ridiculous looking prize. Geez, isn't that wonderful. If I get really lucky, someone will send me a mystery box, and when I open it I can have another Elephant topiary to stick on my ONE farm.

All in all, I'd say we are darned lucky with this game, so I simply recommend that you smile nice and go 'friend' shopping I know that is what I'll be doing soon. And maybe one of these days I'll even get my farm linked to this thing so I can invite folks over LOL
Closed Thread