Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 26 2009, 12:46 AM

I love the new upgrade. Thank you developers.

The only complaint I have is the issue with the connection timing out when I am working on another farm. I lose all the coins and xp I have gained. Please fix this soon.
Old Nov 26 2009, 01:05 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy gran View Post
I would like to say how unfair your new system is
I had worked hard to get to level 33 it takes a good deal of time and effort... I was looking forward to reaching level 34 so I could get the mansion and start to have lots of fun re arranging my farm, ready to set my next goal.
only to discover you have moved the goal posts and I am now level 39 and have to move up two more levels to achieve my goal, which is going to take possibly more time than I have.
For me you have taken all the pleasure away and your changes to levels is unfair aand completely unnecessary.
I can only say I am very annoyed and will no longer be using this application.
Dear angry farmer, if you check things out you will find that it will not take you any longer at all to get to level 41 than it previously would have taken you to get to level 34. Both require exactly 150,000 xp. Your anger is unwarranted. The designers have been quite fair about this.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 26 2009, 01:14 AM
Account Not Linked

Field still show pineapples after helper harvested. Did everything for refreshing Internet Explorer to completely reset Internet Explorer. The helper (buddy) did the job says the fields are harvested, but didn't get any coins from the job. My Storage started out with pineapples going in but there isnt anything in there my screen shows everything is on the field. I would be greatful if someone could tell me how to correct this.

Gregg
Old Nov 26 2009, 01:25 AM
Account Not Linked

LOVE the updates!! THANK YOU!! The manor is freaking HUGE! I need some more land!
Old Nov 26 2009, 01:31 AM

Wow! Love all the new stuff! (Sorry - I have to echo the rest - more room to utilize the cool new stuff - pretty please!)

Looking at all the Thanksgiving and fall stuff, I can hardly wait to see what options we'll have for CHRISTmas! Wooooo hooooo! Thanks Farm Town!
Old Nov 26 2009, 03:19 AM

Where can I find a listing of the new levels????
Old Nov 26 2009, 03:37 AM

Default hi and ty!!

was wondering when you are going to post the newer data of exper. levels since you reformated game?
Old Nov 26 2009, 05:21 AM
Account Not Linked

Default wonderful!!

Hello everybody!!

I'm a player from Farm Town and is't really exciting game... any way is there any chance to expand more the farm, i mean, the biggest expand is 24 x 24, will be more?????
Please i would like to know, because i don't have space in my farm, and i don't want to put the things so close.

Thank you!!!!
Old Nov 26 2009, 05:45 AM

Default Farm expansions

I take it the little wink at the end of the post was a heads up that we will be getting expansions in the near future....woop woop!!!!!
Old Nov 26 2009, 05:55 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty-Sue View Post
Why is it everytime I leave a job and return to either my farm or the marketplace I lose all the points I just made?? It is becoming very frustrating, please help me.
Please read this, it MAY help you. This is an excerpt from a post of mine in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVladDrag0n View Post

...When plowing...,what is now working for me, is to:

Click "Save" and wait for the dark colored pop-up to disappear when I'm done with all plots to be plowed....then go to either the Inn or the Real Estate Office and click "Save" AGAIN and wait. (the coins and XP are racking up one at a time while I'm there and the wait is rarely very long in either place)
THEN AND ONLY THEN do I click "Play" and go back to my farm.

ALL my XP are awarded when I get "home" and at least SOME of the coins I earned for plowing. Once again, after noting these things, I checked them out and they DO work for me almost every time.

With the server caching problems being SO BAD, we have to get a bit inventive and think outside the box until they can get it straight. BELIEVE ME.....it's NOT EASY doing what they are doing.

I don't guarantee ANYTHING. I'm just telling you all what has begun working for me after observing the game's behavior after the latest "maintenance" build. (Lost a lot of coins and XP doing it, but, until I figured out what worked for me, I was already doing that..... )

Hope this helps at least a few of you. Try it....it MAY work. What have you got to lose? More coins and XP? You may be doing that already....... Or may not be.

And this is a post that also points out what may be happening to you. Take it all under consideration, OBSERVE, then take what steps you think would work for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhComeNow View Post
I believe many if not most of the farmers who insist their coins/XPs are missing are only encountering some minor glitches which I've noticed.

1) For example, let's say I hide trees to plow a 100 square field. I click all 100 squares, but my avatar has only recovered the first 20 squares (registering 20 points) when I "unhide" trees. As soon as I unhide trees (flowers, buildings,) all 100 points will register. BUT I decide to stay until the other 80 squares are recovered. The counter will at that point double count and add another 80 on to my total = 180 (or 80 more than I have actually plowed). As soon as I leave and go home or to the market, the counter will deduct the extra 80, making it appear as if it is deducting points, when in fact it is only correctly recalculating.

2) at times when I do not appear to have received coins for harvesting, the coins always show up the next time I log in to Farm Town. They also sometimes show up at my next job harvesting or plowing.

3) there is a timing issue when I harvest with others in that often I still see the crops on my screen that the other harvester(s) has already gotten. If I am not careful, I will harvest these "phantom" crops only to discover that Im not getting coin for them (since the other harvester got them already). When I harvest with others, I watch my coins each time I click on a field. If the coins don't increase, then I know I've encountered a "phantom" field.

4) there is also a timing issue with plowing in that my screen shows unplowed fields that in fact have been plowed by the other person(s) working with me. When I click on these "phantom" fields, a plowed square immediately appears (instead of the whitened square with "0%") and I don't receive XPs. So I watch out for these squares and dont get tricked into thinking I've plowed them. Sometimes I will ask the farmer to rehire me for plowing (or harvesting per #3) and that gives me an updated screen, taking care of the problem.

Sorry this is so long but I suspect recalculating/reloading issues and phantom crops/plowed squares are responsible for most of the "missing coin/XP" complaints.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by lVladDrag0n; Nov 26 2009 at 06:03 AM.
Closed Thread