Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 18 2024, 10:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmasqued View Post
I have 5 trains, all with 10-car minimum, all either dispatched or ready to unload. I was able to use "do both at once" exactly once. Since then, I get the message, "To help in regular facilities and service facilities on the same visit, you need to
have 4 fully diversified trains dispatched or ready to unload."....I DO, but I can't. Please help. Thanks!!
Hi Unmasqued,
What farms are your trains on, so we can check them?
Edit: I only found 5 trains on your farm 24 of the set of farms related to the email in your forum registration. Only 3 of them have 10 or more cars. The 4th one has only 4 cars. The 5th one only has 1 car. Each train has to have at least 10 long cars.
If this is not the farms you are talking about please provide the ID for the set of farms you are asking about. You can find that ID at the bottom of your farms page.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Aug 18 2024 at 10:43 PM.
Old Aug 18 2024, 10:48 PM

After I read your email, I went to find my trains and saw that! I came bk to hurriedly dele my original mssg, but alas, too late. SORRY!!
Old Aug 19 2024, 01:43 AM

Hi,

I don't have 4 fully diversified trains yet (but will have them tomorrow), but I got already one question how it works.

Right now, only the top wall request post shows this option:

Ann: I would like to hire you to work in my facilities in FarmTown! Click here to help
Do both at once, work factories and refer clients
Ann: Please refer clients to my service facilities in FarmTown! Click here to help

All the other posts don't have the "do both at once" option. Will I only have to click one of the requests (work/refer) and both will be automatically done? Or will the option be there everytime someone requests both types as soon as I got the 4 trains ready?

Thanks for answering, Ursula
Old Aug 19 2024, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uma437 View Post
Hi,

I don't have 4 fully diversified trains yet (but will have them tomorrow), but I got already one question how it works.

Right now, only the top wall request post shows this option:

Ann: I would like to hire you to work in my facilities in FarmTown! Click here to help
Do both at once, work factories and refer clients
Ann: Please refer clients to my service facilities in FarmTown! Click here to help

All the other posts don't have the "do both at once" option. Will I only have to click one of the requests (work/refer) and both will be automatically done? Or will the option be there everytime someone requests both types as soon as I got the 4 trains ready?

Thanks for answering, Ursula
Hi Uma,

If you do not have 4 trains, then you will only see it on the first set of posts. It's more a notification to tell you how it works. If you do have 4 trains, then all sets of posts will have this link to work both.

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Aug 19 2024, 04:41 AM

now for my updated review of this fine release

love the new work both for facilities and services thats awesome

thankyou for fixing the start batch buttons

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Aug 19 2024, 07:22 AM

can you put the ingredient planner icon back on the left side of the FM icons, it hard to break 15 years of muscle memory ,,,, please
Old Aug 19 2024, 07:54 AM

Hi all

For Raul notes for the New Release:

Post Release Updates - August 19th, 1:10AM

- Bugfix: When working other farmers facilities, sometimes the 'Work On All' or 'Refer Clients' buttons were disabled, so there was no way to work those facilities

- Bugfix: The 'Start Batch' or 'Load Batch' buttons were shown disabled when ingedients were missing, so there was no quick way of knowing which ingredients were missing and request those ingredients from friends

Known Issues:

- None.
Old Aug 19 2024, 03:34 PM

Thanks to the developers for fixing the grayed out buttons when working the facilities. They are working now on my other two accounts. I really appreciate it. The rest of the update seems wonderful.
Old Aug 20 2024, 02:38 PM

I have 5 trains with 10 cars attached how does the work both work doesn't work for me
Old Aug 20 2024, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilli1 View Post
I have 5 trains with 10 cars attached how does the work both work doesn't work for me
Hi rwilli1

I visited your farms and found the following:

You have 3 trains with 10 long cars correctly attached and dispatched on your farm 1, 2 and 3.

Th train on your farm 4 only has 3 long cars correctly attached. It will be back in about 2 hours so before dispatching it again you will need to fix the other cars.

The train on your far 6 shows 10 long cars on the farm, but it only has 9 long cars dispatched. One of the cars is only decorative not long (One door boxcar)

Before dispatching a train and to be sure all the long cars are correctly attached, please click on the Locomotive and select 'Show Train Details'. The Long Freight Cars that are correctly coupled to your Locomotive will be highlighted in white. The ones that you don't own or that are not correctly coupled will be dimmed out.
Closed Thread