Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 29 2024, 12:36 PM

Default Quest rewards (Farm Cash) might have a bug.

I played the Quests this last week and completed 8 within the 7 days (my start date was Monday and I completed 1 that day). When I went to claim my FarmCash, it only gave me credit for 7 quests (Monday was reset to 0 as it started the new week). That meant I only got 1 FC instead of the 2 I earned (for 8 quests). This needs to be fixed. It is already hard enough to get that many done in a week, especially if you skip the ones requiring you to buy FC items to complete (as I'm saving for bigger harvesting tools).

**Lindilou30's idea could help solve this problem if the hours of waiting for new quests are decreased AND you can cash in your completed quest rewards as soon as you reach 8--BEFORE the next rollover date.

++I suggested the option to cash in at 8 quests instead of at "any time" otherwise people could get 2 FarmCash for only doing 6 quests instead of 8 if they were allowed to cash in once they get to 3 quests completed.

Last edited by P-daddilicious; Jul 29 2024 at 12:45 PM.
Old Jul 29 2024, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-daddilicious View Post
I played the Quests this last week and completed 8 within the 7 days (my start date was Monday and I completed 1 that day). When I went to claim my FarmCash, it only gave me credit for 7 quests (Monday was reset to 0 as it started the new week). That meant I only got 1 FC instead of the 2 I earned (for 8 quests). This needs to be fixed. It is already hard enough to get that many done in a week, especially if you skip the ones requiring you to buy FC items to complete (as I'm saving for bigger harvesting tools).

**Lindilou30's idea could help solve this problem if the hours of waiting for new quests are decreased AND you can cash in your completed quest rewards as soon as you reach 8--BEFORE the next rollover date.
Hi P-daddilicious

I moved your post to the thread about Quests to be able to respond to you.

There is nothing to change here, there are rules to get the cash.

Every quest only is good for 7 days to the second, then it drops off the chart.

The blue button to get cash also turns blue after 7 days to the second but that doesnt mean you have to collect your cash at that moment.

All times I will provide to you are eastern times.

Last week you collected farm cash on July 22 at 04:17 eastern time.

Then that same day, you completed your first quest for the week at 08:02 eastern time, (4 hours later after collecting farm cash).

Today, July 29 you collected your cash at 13:10 eastern time. At that moment, your first quest for the week had already dropped off the chart as for it, 7 days have already past.

To avoid this happening, you do not have to complete the first quest for the new week inmediately after collecting your farm cash.

You can continue opening quests but do not complete the last step till about 2 or 3 days after getting the cash.

That way if you have a problem and you cant enter the game just in time to collect cash, you can wait being sure that first quest will not drop off.
Old Jul 29 2024, 02:46 PM

Default Fixed

Have had this happen before when was asked to harvest something and wouldn't do it. Turns out was because of an update where the facility wasn't yet released so I didn't own it. I know own it and all working ok again.
Old Jul 30 2024, 05:54 PM

Okay then, in the future I will not complete any quests on the rollover day. That should solve it.
Old Aug 09 2024, 11:57 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I opened regular quest this morning for the plumbing tool box. I opened the lifeline instead of waiting for metals and got gift. I posted out for the red ink (soybean and beet), the carbon steel (graphite and iron), and the tool box (carbon steel). When I got on here tonight, I took gifts out for the ink, the steel and the tool box. I should have been able to then put this into production. WRONG. Somehow some 7+ hours ago (there is now 15 minutes left) something automatically put the graphite into production. I sure didn't because I had already posted out for the carbon steel and I wasn't on here 7 hours ago. I noticed the other day on several quests that I was holding back on things to put either into production or load that just because I had everything, it automatically went into the last step. The developers really should be made aware of this because it throws everything off.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 10 2024, 12:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnetimpeiro@msn.com View Post
I opened regular quest this morning for the plumbing tool box. I opened the lifeline instead of waiting for metals and got gift. I posted out for the red ink (soybean and beet), the carbon steel (graphite and iron), and the tool box (carbon steel). When I got on here tonight, I took gifts out for the ink, the steel and the tool box. I should have been able to then put this into production. WRONG. Somehow some 7+ hours ago (there is now 15 minutes left) something automatically put the graphite into production. I sure didn't because I had already posted out for the carbon steel and I wasn't on here 7 hours ago. I noticed the other day on several quests that I was holding back on things to put either into production or load that just because I had everything, it automatically went into the last step. The developers really should be made aware of this because it throws everything off.
Hi Lynnetimpeiro,
I am not sure what you mean by something put the graphite into production? As long as you have the check mark in the quest for the graphite you should still be able to make the carbon steel. according to the data it shows 4 steps completed which should be the soybean, beets, graphite, & iron ore. Things like the graphite and iron ore I am sure you have those facilities to produce them so if you started your non-workables at some point after opening the quest then they would have already started.

Do you uncheck the last step so on quests so they can not be made when you fill your facilities or services until you are ready to complete them? That is the only way to prevent those from being completed.
The quests can't go into production unless you fill your facilities if you do not uncheck the last step. No one else can start any of those except you or someone logged in as you if you have given out your login information. Super neighbors can not do your facilities.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 11 2024, 09:54 AM
Account Not Linked

Unhappy Farm Cash not received

I was working on a quest to create a minion. When I went to collect my coins and FC, a window popped up stating that The quest had been completed more than 7 days ago; therefore, I did not qualify for FC. That was a false statement. I had just finished the quest the night before. I deserve the FC. This happened once before. I blew that one off. But not this time. I feel cheated and mad: FC is hard to come by, and being refused is frustrating. Please allow me to receive my farm Cash.
Old Aug 11 2024, 10:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cope.betty02@yahoo.com View Post
I was working on a quest to create a minion. When I went to collect my coins and FC, a window popped up stating that The quest had been completed more than 7 days ago; therefore, I did not qualify for FC. That was a false statement. I had just finished the quest the night before. I deserve the FC. This happened once before. I blew that one off. But not this time. I feel cheated and mad: FC is hard to come by, and being refused is frustrating. Please allow me to receive my farm Cash.
Hi Cope.betty.
I moved your post to the thread about quests as that is what this is about.
You did collect your 1 FC this morning for the quests you had completed at 10:14 eastern time today.
The message you saw for the minion quest was telling you it was completed before that time so would not be added to the new chart for this week, not that you would not get your FC. A quest is completed when the last step is completed, not when you collect the coins. That quest completed at 1:33 eastern time well before you collected your FC this morning.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 20 2024, 07:54 AM

Answers please-
So I have a quest now for Crawfish Etouffee.. I do not have a turbo fish farm plant. I have clicked on the 'trader lifeline' .... Now what happens ?
Old Aug 20 2024, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li'l ol' me...Merv View Post
Answers please-
So I have a quest now for Crawfish Etouffee.. I do not have a turbo fish farm plant. I have clicked on the 'trader lifeline' .... Now what happens ?
Hi Li'l ol' me...Merv

I moved your post to the thread about Quests.

If you do not own the Fish Farming Plant or the Turbo version and you cant purchase it then there isnt much you can do.

Lifelines are randomly assigned same as quests and the game doesnt look what you own or do not own.

The only thing you could do is to ask your farmer friends if any of them got the Fish farming plant as their Super facility for this week.
If you find someone, then that person could sell your the crowfish.

From our Game Guide for Lifelines:

- Trading Lifeline
When this lifeline is added back it will allow you to complete Quest Steps by trading goods with other farmers in the Market. This will help if you need a Primary product ( crops, harvested animal products, tree logs, tree fruits, fish and flowers) that can be bought from another farmer . You would need to meet up with them somewhere in the game and both be on line, then they would click on you to sell you what you need.

You can not buy products made in facilities from another farmer. The exception to this rule is if the product you need is made in a Super Facility. You can use this lifeline to buy from another farmer that has a Super Facility making the product you need. Example: If you needed FarmTown Beer and someone has the Brewery as a Super Facility, they can sell that product to you and it will count for your Quest.

The regular/primary products you buy in your Trading Warehouse do NOT count toward your Quest Trade Lifeline.

Tags
8 quests, brown quests, completed quest, employee lifeline, friends list, gift issues, gift lifeline, lifeline, lifelines, personal quests, quest, quest manager, quest rewards, quest time, quests, quests completed, regular quests, trader lifeline