Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 07:10 PM

Thumbs down Not very good

Unfortunately, this new upgrade is not a good thing - way to slow for a lot of people. I'd much rather loose money or XP's once in awhile then deal with this slowness. I have to agree with everyone else - go back to how it was....
Account Not Linked

Angry Farm town

The changing in program sucks, it too slow, and I don't like it. I will give it a chance, but the way things are now, i think i m gonna stop playing it. I don't like having to wait for avatar to catch up. Yes there were people that were hoggs on the field, but it also has to do with the speed of your internet. And beside it just a game, it not like you actually won something of money value so what it the other players get more coins or xp it a freaking game. And now it is so slow. It takes 30 minutes to harvest and plow a field and it totally sucks big time. And another thing you don't have to hire no more than 2 people to harvest or plow your fields instead of 5 or more that where the problems is by hiring to many people at one time. So maybe they should do a program that only allows you to hire no more than 2 people at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo_uk View Post
Yes it is a game, but currently it takes me over 2 hours to harvest, plow and seed my 2 farms again.

That is just bad..... and previously you had to click them and just wait, now it means 2 hours of clicking.........
and THAT hurts the clicking Finger!
so people will have sore fingers,hands and noone to chat to as too busy with trying to earn money...
ah well maybe time to get on with real Life for me,or maybe another game to get addicted to and spend my money on!

I only registered on the forum tonight, but I am lvl 56 with 2 farms,
that I did not register meant I had nothing usefull to say.

But this new update is exremely bad and I am really considering leaving the game as I don't have over 2 hours to tend to my farm each time, especially if it means 2 hours of constant clicking.
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:12 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default I'm really really trying...

I'm trying to like it, I really am. I love this game, and greatly appreciate all the work you guys and gals put into making it a great game, and so I am trying to see it for what it is, a fix to a serious problem but...

I just finished harvesting and plowing for a friend of mine who trades harvests with me frequently so I am very familiar with how long it takes. She has a small farm, and where it would normally take me 5 min, it just took me a half hour. She couldn't stay for the whole thing had to log off so we are hoping she is going to still get her whole crop. :P

Anyway, I'm trying to get a rythm with it, trying very hard to like it but I'm sorry so far I really dont. :P

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisha1278 View Post
you have got to change it back. everyone is complaining. this is the worse you could of done to this game. guess alot of people will be leaving and going to facebook to play .so please change the plow and harvesting back.

thank you
this is happenig on Facebook too!
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:14 PM

Maybe you complainers should give it a bit of time ? Compared to when the changeover first took place I can say that I am now faster than before. With my computer, I have never been able to save my gave very quickly but now it is much better. Are the complainers the ones that elbowed everyone else out of the way in their greedy manner but now are not able to do that? If so, the game would be much better without you. Give it a chance why not!!??

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

First, the Bert account was hacked recently and there were some posts made on his behalf, we are researching this issue now.

Second, we just released a new version of FarmTown a while ago. As stated before, we were going to focus mainly on the lost XP/Coins issues which are critical at this point. However, in order to minimize the lost XP/Coins issues, we had to make some changes to the way harvesting/plowing works when you are hired.

Before, when multiple people were hired on a farm, everybody starts clicking randomly on every field, and there are a lot of collisions, people harvesting/plowing on the same fields, as you don't see clearly where other people are working.

The new way is this, if you harvest fields that are close to where your avatar is, then your avatar will be teletransported and will be a very quick transition, it should be as quick or comparable to what it was before, however if you click on a field that is farther away, then you will have to wait until your avatar gets to that field to continue working.

This change will make that on some instances you work slower, on the other hand people get more dispersed while working on a farm, you can actually see them where they are working, and there will be much less collisions between them. This will also add another component to the game, now it's not just blindly clicking on the fields, you have to also consider the position of other players and your chances to avoid collisions and to get more work done. Now, when you click on a field that another player did before you, then you will see a message saying "already done", before, there was no feedback at all.

Of course, we know this release will cause a lot of complains as well, because in order to improve one area we had to change the behaivor on another area which some users will not like it, but compared to the issue of frequent losing more XP and coins, we just decided this was the way to go.

So far we have detected that there are 70% less issues with lost XP/coins that before, and it should improve with time even more.

As a separate note, the cursors on the game have been made larger and they don't get overlapped by other items on the game.

Thanks

--Raul
Love it!!!! Great job guys! Taken back a little at 1st but came here to check it out. This will put a stop to all those sloppy farmers giving me the blues.

Sorry, I have to agree....this is a terrible change....I just finished harvesting and plowing a 40x40 plot and it took me 45 minutes....I also lost xp along the way, that was much better than trying to harvest and plow now.
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:16 PM
Account Not Linked

HATS OFF RAUL!!!!! I personally think its a great fix, it forces people to harvest in an organized manner to be fast. I personally notice very little change, maybe a tad slower, but who cares really. The ones of us who did work in straight lines got help to save us from the idiots who liked to click all over the place and leave fields in a mess, my guess is the people crying the most will be the people who beg all the time and click wildly. In either case one thing they cant complain about is a loss of money and XP!!! Theres no way to please everyone but at least you have a level playing field if they arent losing money and XP.
Closed Thread