Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 12 2010, 10:50 PM

well the one given is that you cannot move the animals so how about moving the trees to another farm,straight after harvest of course,and seeing if that makes a difference, only the wool shed must be on the farm with the animals
Can you pack the animals into the 4 corners to spread the load and freeze them?I notice when harvesting on other's farms it is hardest beside the packed animals.
Old Jun 13 2010, 12:22 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Since it is painfully apparent that no amount of pleading is going to get us to the point where the animals can either be moved from one farm to another or put into the buildings I would like to know from an "official" source the real reason why. How about it devs - the least you can do is tell us the reason.

I am not nor do I think a large chunk of us are technically challenged. If the reason is too complicated for some mortals to understand I'm sure that some of us can translate it down to a simple statement.

Take up the challenge and give us an explanation. I'm throwing down the gauntlet which of you devs is going to pick it up?

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 13 2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu836 View Post
Since it is painfully apparent that no amount of pleading is going to get us to the point where the animals can either be moved from one farm to another or put into the buildings I would like to know from an "official" source the real reason why. How about it devs - the least you can do is tell us the reason.

I am not nor do I think a large chunk of us are technically challenged. If the reason is too complicated for some mortals to understand I'm sure that some of us can translate it down to a simple statement.

Take up the challenge and give us an explanation. I'm throwing down the gauntlet which of you devs is going to pick it up?

No "challenge" necessary. This was already addressed in this post from 4th June:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showpos...2&postcount=40
Old Jun 13 2010, 06:50 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Mew View Post

No "challenge" necessary. This was already addressed in this post from 4th June:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showpos...2&postcount=40
I don't think my question is addressed at all. Just another "no way, no how," sentence. I want to know the mechanics of why manipulating sprites presents such a problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 13 2010, 07:42 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I don't think my question is addressed at all. Just another "no way, no how," sentence. I want to know the mechanics of why manipulating sprites presents such a problem.
Ellshere stated that at this time, it cannot be done because it is not as easy as they thought it would be. Simple as that.
Old Jun 13 2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
I agree your question wasn't answered. I can move my flag, which I assume is also a sprite, why not the animals? Freeze em and move em!! These aren't flesh and blood entities.

Why can't they just be deleted from one farm, a representation then held in the storage facility, and then recreated on another farm? I may be an old school programmer, PL1, Fortran, Basic and Assembler, but I do understand Java and OO languages, what's the problem?

Some of us would really like to know...

I've already moved all my animals by deleting them on one farm, as I got new ones for gifts on another farm, it was a long process. I hate to see others go through it. I had to do it, to get my 100+ cows and other animals away from my crops. I suspect others want to do the same.
Old Jun 13 2010, 11:41 PM

Level:
XP:

Agree with what you're saying here Baba 947. If the fact that the animals are animated is the problem, then, as you point out, how does this differ from the flag which also moves. Is it because the random motion of the animals is so much more complex? ... Still, there should be some work-around for this, I would think. Not being familiar with programming languages for animation, I may well be just not understanding the complexity.

But at least a fuller explanation provided by the developers to the mods here to relay to us would perhaps help gamers to be more patient and understanding of the situation.
Since I don't have a great lot of animals, it's not a problem for me, but I can see where it is for many others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba 947 View Post
I agree your question wasn't answered. I can move my flag, which I assume is also a sprite, why not the animals? Freeze em and move em!! These aren't flesh and blood entities.

Why can't they just be deleted from one farm, a representation then held in the storage facility, and then recreated on another farm? I may be an old school programmer, PL1, Fortran, Basic and Assembler, but I do understand Java and OO languages, what's the problem?

I've already moved all my animals by deleting them on one farm, as I got new ones for gifts on another farm, it was a long process. I hate to see others go through it. I had to do it, to get my 100+ cows and other animals away from my crops. I suspect others want to do the same.
Old Jun 14 2010, 10:16 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba 947 View Post

ummm wouldnt it be easier to move the crops to elsewhere and make one farm for animals and facilitys????? i did and it worked for me all it takes is a little planning and forethought to have 1 farm for animals and facility and one for a mansion with trees and crops and 2 other full sized working farms with 1000 fields available to plant
Old Jun 14 2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
ummm wouldnt it be easier to move the crops to elsewhere and make one farm for animals and facilitys????? i did and it worked for me
I had my animals on farm 1, which I wanted for my facilities, (since its the default farm when loading). I put the animals on farm 4, where they are out of the way, as I build that farm up.

We really should be able to move the animals easily and not have to go through gyrations to get it done.
Old Jun 13 2010, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb NZ View Post
well the one given is that you cannot move the animals so how about moving the trees to another farm,straight after harvest of course,and seeing if that makes a difference, only the wool shed must be on the farm with the animals
Can you pack the animals into the 4 corners to spread the load and freeze them?I notice when harvesting on other's farms it is hardest beside the packed animals.
i have moved all trees from my farm with animals and its still slower than the rest it would be nice to be able to hide the animals
Closed Thread