Old Oct 21 2009, 04:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenfarmin' View Post
yes but if you don't buy them you can only use 1Xplow. If I don't want them, in essence,
I am stuck Having to plow with 1Xplow. So if I want to plow my own farm without new
expensive tools it will take me as long as it did when i did not have ten neighbors.
I am level 30. I worked hard to get to use 4Xplow. But now am forced to pay or go back
to the way I did when had small farm and didn't have the privilege to use new 4Xplow.
Now all of that hard work is for nothing if I simply don''t want to buy. Also no incentive
to hire from market, friends, or neighbors. No difference between using new expensive
tools or hiring others. Anti Social. Thought Farm Town was for social interaction and fun.
Carmen, it sounds like you're having some unexpected problems, as what you're describing does not seem to be how the tools are meant to work. If that's what is happening to you, you may need to report your problems in wherever the "official" thread on the new tools is.

I still can plow 4 plots at a time, the same as I could before, even though I do NOT have the new plowing tool. Not buying the Plower machine did *not* remove my ability to do 4 plots at a time, or revert it back to one only?

Also - regarding hiring others -- in my experience, you DO still get paid additional when someone else harvests for you. If you choose to use the Harvester machine to do your own farm, you can harvest faster for yourself , but you still make the same pay that you did previously without the tool. You are still doing the harvest yourself so you still get the same DIY pay as you did before, rather than the 'bonus' pay that you do get when you hire someone else

Your hired help is still harvesting the same way they always did - the new tools have no effect on them - and you still get the same pay for 'hired-hand' crops as you always did before. The tools only apply to *you* when you are doing your own work on your own farm - then you get the same pay/charge as you always did when working your own crops - it just makes it a bit easier during the times you choose to do your own work.

(Or at least that's how it is supposed to work - if you're experiencing otherwise, it sounds like you're having some problems that shouldn't be happening)

I don't think it will hurt the social aspect of the game, as most people WANT that bit of extra money for harvest, or lower cost for plowing, so they will still hire others to work for them most of the time. But the tools will come in handy *sometimes*. I like to hire others as much as possible, but sometimes my buddies/neighbors aren't around, or maybe I just need to hurry & get it done, don't have time to talk... on those occasions, having the machines to make things faster when I *choose* to do my own farm will help out a lot. No, I won't make as much money as if I hired someone and/or it will cost me more to plow than if I'd hired someone -- but once in a while, due to real life getting in the way (grin), expedience/convenience takes priority. Most of the time, I'll still be hiring my friends when possible, but I appreciate the add'l options that the machines give me when I *can't* hire someone else.

IMO, it has added one more choice, not taken away choices. If I have a crop to harvest, now I have 3 options --- 1) hire someone else & make more money from my crops, 2) do it myself without tools, one square at a time, (making less money) or a new choice 3) do it myself with the tools & do it much faster than before (still making less money than if I hired someone). The extra speed will be very handy on *some* occasions, as I outlined above, when dealing with a limited amount of "game-play time" takes priority over the coins earned.

There were times before that I just left my crops sit & possibly die because I didn't have much time to play. But now, I can fly in & get the fields turned over in much less time when/if I *need* to. Won't be doing that all the time - but rather than just ignoring the game when my life is busy, now I can keep up with my farm even on some of my hectic days. But I'll still be playing "socially" as much as ever on 'normal' days when I'm not tied down w/ other stuff.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 21 2009, 04:31 PM

Default Bushes

I'd love some colorful bushes in both small and medium sizes.like green, yellow and red bushes for different landscapes and seasons.
Old Oct 21 2009, 04:33 PM

I have a brilliant question ... "WHY would you harvest yourself?" WHAT'S the purpose IF you can go to the marketplace and hire somebody else and make considerably MORE coins?

Anybody who harvests themselves is a brain dead hamster....
Old Oct 21 2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori GUrley View Post
I just wanted to say, in the face of all the complaints and those that never seem to be happy, I applaud you moderators and developers for what all you are doing for this app.
I think people tend to forget that this is initially a free game, and what you PTB decide to do with it is YOUR business, not ours. We should just be grateful for all the hard work and headaches you put into this game.
I know I am very grateful. I cannot get outside much to do anything with my own little farm here in the real world. I have health issues, and some of the meds I am on forbid me from prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. So I am doubly grateful for all your hard work and imaginations.
Please keep it up, and don't let the naysayers discourage you. I so love this game, and will continue to play it as long as possible.
As for those asking for more land, they know that you developers are well aware of their requests, and when it is possible, land upgrades will be made available.
I for one, periodically rearrange my farm to keep things interesting. Anyone reading this is free to come visit my farm, and see my latest creations. I have a haunted cemetery for Halloween, and I am so looking forward to what surprises are in store for us for Christmas!
Again, thank you all so much for all you are doing for us 'farmers'.
Just thought you might like at least one post that doesn't complain or ask for something not available yet. LOL
And yes, I have purchased the new toys, and I love them!
Yeah ... a great big applaud goes out to adding stuff that 99% of us won't use .... yet, spend dumb coins just to have it sitting on the farm....

YAY!!!!!!

Do more things like that.
Old Oct 21 2009, 04:57 PM

So when can we use the new tools we bought when we get hired?
Old Oct 21 2009, 05:08 PM

Love all the new tools have tried them all out now I just need somewhere to work lol Thanks moderators
Old Oct 21 2009, 05:18 PM

Problem with Fuel.
Hi,
I had 4 cans of fuel and when i refuelled my harvester and seeder i got 1160 fuel points but it had taken all 4 of my fuel cans,is this right?
Old Oct 21 2009, 05:20 PM

hi there just received message from Slashkey that could still use all of the same tools the way they
were without using or buying the machinery. But don't know how to access that way now. When I click
on the toobar down at bottom of page and go to 4X it says I must purchase the harvesting tool to use that choice (4X). I am confused. Can anyone tell me how to use the harvesting at 4X without using or
buying the big machine?
Old Oct 21 2009, 05:33 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenfarmin' View Post
hi there just received message from Slashkey that could still use all of the same tools the way they
were without using or buying the machinery. But don't know how to access that way now. When I click
on the toobar down at bottom of page and go to 4X it says I must purchase the harvesting tool to use that choice (4X). I am confused. Can anyone tell me how to use the harvesting at 4X without using or
buying the big machine?
Not sure what message you are talking about. There is no way to use the machinery without buying it.

You can only plow 4x4 plots already. You can continue to harvest/plant without purchasing the machines, the same way you always have.

Old Oct 21 2009, 05:52 PM

when can we get more land? im at level 34 and cant get any bigger.
Closed Thread