Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Oct 05 2024, 06:31 PM

Thank you : )
Old Today, 12:33 PM

I keep planting my entire farm BEFORE I irrigate but the data appears not to be saving correctly. I end up with several areas on random farms that are plowed but not planted and then I discover them several hours later.

It also appears that crops are going missing from being planted and I am finding this out a few hours later. I have whole areas plowed and unplanted that I planted before leaving for 9am service at church this morning. And this is not the first time. Just the first time I am reporting it on the Forum since I KNOW the crops were fully planted before I irrigated them.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.

Last edited by Taz D; Today at 12:39 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
Old Today, 12:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
I keep planting my entire farm BEFORE I irrigate but the data appears not to be saving correctly. I end up with several areas on random farms that are plowed but not planted and then I discover them several hours later.

It also appears that crops are going missing from being planted and I am finding this out a few hours later. I have whole areas plowed and unplanted that I planted before leaving for 9am service at church this morning. And this is not the first time. Just the first time I am reporting it on the Forum since I KNOW the crops were fully planted before I irrigated them.
Hi Qivis,
I can see your farms are heavily layered and this can cause problems like this. It is probably that you have inadvertently over laid crop fields. The only way to fix that is to delete all the crops fields, restart you farms and look to see if any show back up again. If they do then delete those and restart again. Repeat this until none show again. Then you can replow and plant them again.
I do suggest you remove some of the layering as with as much as you have then you run the risk of reaching the limit to what a farm can hold. When that happens then things like this happen.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Today, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Qivis,
I can see your farms are heavily layered and this can cause problems like this. It is probably that you have inadvertently over laid crop fields. The only way to fix that is to delete all the crops fields, restart you farms and look to see if any show back up again. If they do then delete those and restart again. Repeat this until none show again. Then you can replow and plant them again.
I do suggest you remove some of the layering as with as much as you have then you run the risk of reaching the limit to what a farm can hold. When that happens then things like this happen.
I am getting the majority of the crops planted and a few areas will show as planted when I first do them and it is usually the last farm planted where this happens. I always make sure there is no number showing on the disk data saving icon before irrigating. What is more this has only been happening the last couple days. And the related farms have been layered for a couple years now and trees even put into storage and moved to the last farm when more real estate was unlocked as part of the recent update.

I forgot the mention, there were no additional layers on another of my farmers when this happened to his too!

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Today, 01:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I am getting the majority of the crops planted and a few areas will show as planted when I first do them and it is usually the last farm planted where this happens. I always make sure there is no number showing on the disk data saving icon before irrigating. What is more this has only been happening the last couple days. And the related farms have been layered for a couple years now and trees even put into storage and moved to the last farm when more real estate was unlocked as part of the recent update.
Hi Qivis,

More real estate added does not add to the limit a farm can hold. That limit is limited by the database size for each farm, not by the size of the farm. Just because it has worked for 2 years does not mean it will continue to work.
The only way to fix this is to remove some of the layering and also fix the plowed feilds as I said.

If you wish you may contact Support about this. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
To contact through the website:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Today, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Qivis,

More real estate added does not add to the limit a farm can hold. That limit is limited by the database size for each farm, not by the size of the farm. Just because it has worked for 2 years does not mean it will continue to work.
The only way to fix this is to remove some of the layering and also fix the plowed feilds as I said.

If you wish you may contact Support about this. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
To contact through the website:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
I meant that the added real estate added to the overall size of the last farm so I could move trees onto it in an effort to stay well within the limits on the lower numbered farms. I would have gone straight to posting a ticket to the developers but they may have evacuated before the recent hurricanes and there are more important issues for them to face even though the servers are not in Florida. (Like damage to their personal residences or family who are not reachable because they do not have a way to recharge their phones! I have friends who left Florida well ahead of time who cannot reach their kids.) This is just a game even when they can log into the servers via remote. I even have Raul's direct email but have not used it in several years at this point. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly though. If it is still happening in a couple days I will file a ticket.

Old Today, 01:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I meant that the added real estate added to the overall size of the last farm so I could move trees onto it in an effort to stay well within the limits on the lower numbered farms. I would have gone straight to posting a ticket to the developers but they may have evacuated before the recent hurricanes and there are more important issues for them to face even though the servers are not in Florida. (Like damage to their personal residences or family who are not reachable because they do not have a way to recharge their phones! I have friends who left Florida well ahead of time who cannot reach their kids.) This is just a game even when they can log into the servers via remote. I even have Raul's direct email but have not used it in several years at this point. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly though. If it is still happening in a couple days I will file a ticket.
Hi Qivis,

Support is not located in Florida, so you can send a ticket anytime.

Tags
bugs and glitches, facilities, help & support, mango tree, missing, missing animals, missing building, missing buildings, missing crops, missing decorations, missing facility, missing factories, missing farm cash, missing farmcash, missing flowers, missing from farm, missing harvests, missing tool, missing tools, missing trees, tools missing