View Single Post
Old Jun 16 2011, 01:21 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdoe View Post
I suggested a year or two before, before we have a mega updates for facilities and only had farms to make this Farmtown more realistic.

My suggestion was to add weather to the game (random of course because this will increase the need to buy and sell as some farms may have bad weather for few weeks ) We would have a daily forcast weather report for the next 7 day and depending on the weather if you could seed or harvest.

The weather report could be either symbols under the fuel tank icon or in preferences.

Eg If you sow one day and your crop is due when heavy rain is forecast that you only receive 75% of crop. or if you seed say a 3 day crop and the next 3 days is sunny that your crop yield increases to 130%

And if you get a weather report of a hurricane that any crops needing on that day will suffer loss of their crop.. but you can still sow and plow on that day.

That would make Farmtown more challenging.

here are some other ideas eg.

Cold snap - Fruit Trees 20% loss of harvest
Heavy Rain - loss of 25% of harvest
heat wave - Certain crops loss of 25% - cucumbers, squash - plants that affect by heat
Hurricane / tornado (rarely) - loss of crop or up to 50%
Snow - depending of the crop - loss of crop or up to 50%
Sunny Days - for crops 2 days or more increase harvest by 10% per day.

programing would not be hard - if then statement
yield =harvest yield x type of harvest divide or multiply weather factor.

I feel this would make the game more interesting and could to lead to other ideas. ( I have many more if this was to happen)

Also Farm town should have two levels..for this to happen
Level 1 farms to continue playing the game as they are now
Level 2 (more experience players) for the farmers that want the real experience - reward would be maybe double - Farmtown cash for each level . greater exp points etc.
i don't like this idea either ..... just saying ....