Thread: Official Top Post Thread Game Not loading/WebGL disabled/frequent crashes
View Single Post
Old Oct 18 2022, 09:06 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punnybone View Post
Hi, Tiger.

I'm not completely sure how I blocked it, I'm sure that when I did, I wasn't even aware that the way I did it wasn't the only way to do it. I know I did it from my PC, not my phone, and everything seemed very linear and intuitive when I did it. I've actually blocked and unblocked it several times, when it got too addictive, and when I wanted to try again, lol.

It's just that at some time when I had it blocked, facebook changed their layout and didn't update their unblock instructions to match it. That was, unfortunately, several months ago.

At the risk of sounding like a total dweeb, how do I check the settings of my newsfeed specifically? And how do I contact Facebook? I've scanned and searched a few of the pages I've used to attempt unblocking, and there often isn't anywhere to click to contact them.

Thanks again!
Hi Punnybone,

Well I can't help with your memory or whatever Facebook decides to change on their platform LOL. If when you were changed to the new layout, you think that you might have tried adding any kind of extension or app to your browser to either try and revert the FB look to the older version or hide things like FB ads, it may be worth disabling it to make sure that's not causing any problems.

You may have different methods to what I can see to check News Feed etc, so here's what I have:

To check News Feed settings for blocked posts/pages people etc:
Click on your mini profile icon top right of Facebook
Click on Settings & Privacy
Click on Feed
Click on Reconnect
In the search box at the top type in Farm Town and see if it shows you anything Farm Town related it. If it does click on the little black icon with a plus sign on it next to that item to add it back to News Feed. Then it's a waiting game for them to show up.

To see the instructions Facebook will be showing you to unblock a game try this:
Click on this link and it should take you to Facebooks Help Centre https://www.facebook.com/help/?ref=contextual
OR
Click on your mini profile icon top right of Facebook
Click on Help & Support
Click on Help Centre
In the search box type in Block or unblock an app or game on Facebook and it should show you that subject which you then click on to see the instructions.
When you see those instructions, if those are the ones you tried initially that didn't work, you should also see a popup that asks you Was this Helpful?
Click on NO and it lets you select the option The solution doesn't work
Then a box will open, it's limited to 500 characters, where you can type your response and then Submit it.

We can see you also like to reinstall the game and have done that quite a few times, so just a word of warning about that. Facebook can recycle your game ID when you do that, which means that in some cases you could lose your farms and have to start over. FB do not list any criteria for when or how often they might chose to do this, it is at their discretion. If this happens, there is no way to return them to you as would then have a new game ID and the old game ID can't be transferred back to you.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.