View Single Post
Old Feb 03 2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom View Post
I did check the first post. My laptop supports both Web GL 1 and 2. The game loads and runs just fine for me. But it has a melt-down many times, when I exit full screen mode. Not every time, but often enough. I've tried all three exit modes -- the Farm Town icon for full screen mode... the X on the top of the screen, from Chrome... and my laptop's Escape button. All three have resulted in the frozen computer... sometimes. I Googled the problem and found a lot about this issue on Windows 10 computers, but not specifically about HTML 5. I learned a new work-around, which I tried when my laptop froze up: the Windows key + Tab, to create a new Desktop. It won't work for me when a game freezes up. So I continue to reboot my laptop with the Power button, because I'm so addicted to these games.
Sounds like the symptoms of Windows being a bit short of memory. 8Gb is about the minimum for Windows10 which I find to be a bit hungrier than Windows 7 was. Check also that you have a reasonable amount of free space on your disk so Windows has room to dump stuff it is not using out of memory temporarily. Deleting unused files and clearing temporary storage can make a significant difference. Most Laptops won't be able to have extra memory added to them but some can.