View Single Post
Old Jun 17 2015, 07:20 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheroulo View Post
I contacted SlashKey with this:
This is appearing on the top of my neighbor page:
Your neighbor list is full. Please remove some neighbors before you add more.
How the heck can it be full when I clearly have 9 spaces available to add neighbors when I am on my farm and scroll through the neighbors.
This just showed up since the latest update.
Fix this bug, since this was NEVER an issue prior to the last update. No matter what, when you update stuff something happens to our neighbors. We have to constantly check to make sure we haven't lost neighbors after updates.
And this was the reply I received: (I think they are blowing smoke in the reply)
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 02:14:09 -0400
Subject: [SUPPORT #SFU-875902]: says neighbors are full
CC:
To: [mod edit:email removed for safety]

Hi,
It is not a bug,The neighbors limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not everyones ID is the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15 characters in length. so it can vary from 80 to 110. depending on the ID's of your neighbors. At the present time, it is a limitation of the game, and can't be increased.
Because this upper limit varies you will always see spaces in the bar itself, and you only noticed the change in the last update, because before there was no warning, instead, you could add more neighbors, but then you lost neighbors too, so your total never went up. we added the warning to prevent you losing neighbors without you knowing.
Rob,
Slashkey Support Staff
Hi,

I removed your email for safety reasons.

The neighbours limit is not governed by the empty spaces in your neighbours bar. It is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not every ones ID is the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15. characters in length. So depending on how long your neighbours ID numbers are you could get a minimum of 80 or more. It's usually around the 100 mark.

The message on your neighbour tab tells you when you have reached your maximum so you know if you need to perhaps get rid of neighbours that no longer play to make room for ones that do.

You can see how many neighbours you currently have by clicking on the trophy icon in your tool box.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.