View Single Post
Old Jun 17 2020, 03:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
Something needs to be done about work done when hired at the marketplace or inn.

When I work for a Super Neighbor the work progresses smoothly and quickly.

When hired at the marketplace or inn it can take 2, 3, 4 MINUTES PER FARM (WAITING to load a farm then to do each tool which requires WAITING for each tool to become usable, then WAITING for the save count to drop to zero and the popup that pending saves have been completed, etc). From the time I click to go to the next farm until I can do the same for the next farm is excruciatingly slow. The actual work clicking takes maybe 15-20 seconds but the entire process takes MANY minutes. And invariably there is at least one instance, sometimes more than one, with a "Shockwave Flash isn't responding" popup.

It takes well over an hour to work all the farms when hired by a single farmer. I have one I work for like this on a regular basis. PLEASE fix this. It is the slashkey servers that are SLOOOOOOOOOW and make doing this work a major chore!!!

It is the WAITING for the server to catch up to what has BEEN DONE that takes forever.
Hi John,
It is not the servers that cause the slowdown, but is the amount of stuff that those farmers have put on their farms by layering facilities, trees, flowers and waters over and under staggered crop fields. The more they have on those farms the longer it takes to load all of those items before you can start work on the farms.
If you want them to load faster, try unchecking everything in your preferences that are not needed for the work you are going to do before you go to the market or inn. That way when you get to their farms those items will not have to be loaded.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.