View Single Post
Old Jan 20 2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisanrox View Post
Not a ripoff. The tools are simply things that make you play the game less, in a way, and not more.

Don't play just to keep up with the Jonses. You're going to be disappointed. There will ALWAYS be someone with more expendable cash/tools/crops/coins than you.

I haven't bought any tools because I hate working on others' farms. Oh, wait, I have the boat, but I STILL never work on others farms to even use it much. Instead, I've invested in facilities and I'm pretty self-sufficient with crops and work, and I'm not subject to the whims of an employer (oh if only that was real life!).

Something can happen in real life where you won't be able to play, and then you're "behind" again.

But hey, if you want to play the game just to keep up, knock yourself out, but you're going to regret all that money you plopped into it.

Yes this is a "social networking game" but the beauty of this game is that you are not SO depenedent on others that you will NEVER be able to get anywhere at all of you don't have a thousand neighbors. It's truly a game to play the way YOU want to play it. And therefore, you take the responsibility of what you put into it financially.
I agree. At first I kept up with the game fine with no tools. As I gained more farms and more facilities, I had to make a decision - time or $$..... I decided the tools are worth it to keep my repetitive clicking (and frequent lockups) to a minimum. One opinion, hope it helps. Happy farming!