View Single Post
Old Jul 31 2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyMo View Post
Until we have a better way to "advertise" which tools we have, is it really that hard for hiring farmers to figure out from my avatar name ("___ 5x5 combine H/P pls") that I'm not interested in trees, fishing, chopping, or picking flowers since I don't yet have those tools? Otherwise, I'd be "____ ALL tools". Yet I continue to get cheery work requests for every task. I click "no thanks" and inevitably the farmer's next comment in chat is "doesn't any1 want 2 work?". Sigh. The tools/no tools issue works both ways.

I hardly ever seem to have problems hiring, and I hire from the MP almost every day. I think this is only because, as per my signature, I ask specifically for what I want done. "Multiple farms to p/h, trees to chop and harvest, flowers. Anyone want it?" I do fishing separate because most don't like to fish...however if someone offers to do it on my farm I will happily let them!

The best workers always say "I will, [myname]" or something like that...shows they're paying attention LOL.

I have very few people leave, too. In fact I have more often than not one or two folks who do *everything*.

I also have no reason to whine that no one wants work because I'm not randomly asking people for hings they don't want to do.

EDIT to throw in that I don't hire for multifarms from the MP...I only hire one farm at a time, as I like to know the farms are DONE before moving on to the next one. maybe for friends I'd multi-hire, but MP? No. If someone asks why i don't I explain that I get people leaving and disconnecting.

Quote:
And then there's the farmers who hire three or more combine workers. Ridiculous. It was bad enough to participate in "feeding frenzy" harvesting with the hand tool back in the day. I'm not gonna do it now, 25 at a time. Not that desperate for work.
Wow...that's...just...indescribable.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)

Last edited by artisanrox; Jul 31 2011 at 11:20 AM.