View Single Post
Old Jun 18 2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
The trees get a white line across them when you are harvesting and they go kind of like the train opaque and when you finish harvesting they are back to their green color.... no problem with that... people from the market tried to do as many as they can as fast as they can and then move on, in my farms I do the trees and the fishing, its therapeutic, like pulling weeds, better than a psychiatrist..... lol
I find it hard to harvest trees for other players. They might have taller trees in front of shorter trees, or they haven't used an 8x8 pattern for me to sweep through them with the harvester. Or they mix in chopping trees with the harvest trees, but have tall trees in from of the chopping trees. I try to be very thorough when I do get a tree harvest job, but someone hiring needs to be sympathetic to a player that may not have the big tools, and if they haven't placed the trees in easily harvest-able patters.

I find it especially difficult to clean up after someone without the 8x8 or a smaller tool. They leave scattered trees, that are hard to pick up.

I to do not hire for the trees, since i can sweep through my massive tree farm very quickly. I laid them out in height order (except a small patch that was replaced after I reached the 6th degree Dan for a tree that isn't used in production). They are planed in rows of 8, with an empty row in between. Really easy with the 8x8.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2