View Single Post
Old Feb 11 2021, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
Having started Farmtown in either 2008 or 2009, I have seen it all. I left for a time when we were topped off at Level 250 and there was not much innovation happening. I left for a time, looking at other games: Farmville (barf), Yoville, Cityville, Island Adventure, Diggy's Adventure, Trainstation, and I am sure there were others. The only good ones I was active in were the last two, but I kept getting drawn back to Farmtown as well. I was initially drawn to it, because I grew up in town in a farming community of 3000 people AND because I am a creative person. I liked being able to design something that was aesthetically pleasing.

Anyway, when I came back, SO MUCH had evolved. It was a bit overwhelming. But I quickly got back into it as I had been before.

Then came Covid. Fortunately we both retired before Covid hit, but with the Covid restrictions, I have spent more time in the game. Then the Flash announcement. And I saw the communication from the devs about the first rewrite and then the communication about not being able to complete the rewrite by January 1, rather turning 90 degrees so we would have a working, though limited, game on January 1. It is so refreshing to see such open communication in the software world!

Through all of my involvement, I have greatly appreciated your ability to provide something that has become more than a game for many. For one, our Farmtown Neighbors group is a community. Secondly, I have a friend I met though Farmtown who is now one of my 5 closest friends in the world.

I appreciate the increasing communication from the team. The opening links & announcement at the top of the screen in Farmtown is great! The patience and concise help given by Raul and many others is a wonderful departure from the "support" I encounter elsewhere.

While many gripe about this feature not available yet or that item not available in the store, most of us understand that this team is in a pressure situation. We appreciate that you are taking time to be sure that something really does work before releasing it. The game is not crashing, and the release progress is steady. I was in programming plus PC support for 25 years, so I understand this aspect better than most players.

I hope that this message can exist somewhere where others still be able to add their thoughts. I know how important it can be to some support staff to hear some positives from time to time amid all the negatives.

Sincerely,

Jamie "Webs" Sweat
I agree. Jamie says it really well!