View Single Post
Old Sep 03 2011, 02:33 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifoofoo View Post
I really want it to work like the spreader and water the farm.

I'm not super-concerned that I can't turn over crop after crop multiple times daily - in fact, I would rarely have time for that.

My concern is that it isn't consistent with any method of planting/harvesting.

I'd really like it to fertilize the FARM, and I also dislike the once a day thing. Again, it doesn't flow with the crop rotations.

I have to keep going from farm to farm, with lots of loading time in between, to water. And I have to catch lots of crops partially grown and makes it impossible to keep up with what is done where.

Finally, I would like it to show the (w) when we hover over the diamond like it shows the (f).

The time between watering has been changed to 20 hours so unless you are planting one day or less crops the watering should work with your planting time. Also you can water a farm after you plant it before you move on to the next farm to plant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jo View Post
I finally have my tracking down and also have changed how I plant long term crops so the red sprinkler is more useful in that sense. The 20 hour time frame change also helped. I don't like that they made me change the way I plant my farms but I can also live with it.

What I really don't like is the fact that I spent 45 FC for the brown sprinkler. I bought it a few months ago to not only water my neighbors' flowers, but also mine. Now it no longer does anything. I spent another 50 FC for the red sprinkler and the combined action of them is not useful at all for me on how I do my farms.

I don't think anything will change though. They are convinced we don't need the brown sprinkler since they expanded the waste time. I stand by my opinion that there are times I want to water my flowers without having to worry about if it is going to speed up the crops I have already planted but didn't irrigate for some reason or another. If I "inadvertently" water my flowers on that non-irrigated field I am not going to be able to irrigate that field again for another 20 hours even if (for example) the field is ready to harvest in an hour.
Just a little FYI if you had not already bought the brown sprinkler when the red one came out you would have had to buy it before you could buy the red sprinkler. So while it may not really be needed anymore it is still required to have before you can buy the red sprinkler.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.