View Single Post
Old Nov 22 2010, 09:44 AM
Account Not Linked

[quote=StoneFace;4164446]I have the 4x4 Harvester and Plower.....

I find they are more often conversation starters, and I "chat" with the farm owner longer than before. I not only share the speed of the tools, but I wind up sharing a LOT of the things I have learned... especially to those of lower levels who just hired me.

Thanks for the tools devs. They have been the inducement to go back and work in the market. Lord knows I don't need the points or the money.<<

I agree. I have chatted more with farmers from the MP than I have in the past since getting the tools. They are great conversation starters. I also have more time to chat since I am not feeling rushed to get a large field done one square at a time.

I personally think it is a win win situation. They get their farm done faster and I can enjoy working in the MP again. Something I tended to avoid because I didn't really enjoy the carpal tunnel syndrome inducing tedious 1 at a time clicking. Nor did I have time for it with my own big farm to do. I am also much more willing to do the hard to hire jobs like fishing and flowers. So people can actually get those jobs done.

If there are other workers, I will just do half or less and leave. I did have one situation where I was hired for a small farm and since no one else was there, I just did it quickly. Ended up the farmer hired 2 other workers right as I was finishing and they only got a couple of squares each. I felt bad, but it couldn't be helped. They weren't there when I started.