View Single Post
Old Nov 21 2010, 08:15 PM

I have the chopper and have used it on others farms, but was only working alone. I have had people work on my farms with their new equipment and think why not? It goes faster. However I only hire one at a time. I will not, however, hire someone who says 4 X 4 in the marketplace trying to get work over someone without the equpment, as in my view they already have an advantage over people without the equipment. They can do more jobs in a shorter amount of time.

This whole thing of allowing people to use their equipment on others farms has caused bad feelings and also has made it so that people can pretty much zip even faster up levels. It used to be goign up levels meant you had actually worked hard at the game. However, now a person can zip up the first 20 levels without actually farming, in a few days. With being able to use this new equipment on others farms, people can go up levels even faster, especially if people start hiring those who brag about having this equipment in the marketplace. The game has now become 2 groups: the haves and the have nots. You can enjoy the game without the equipment, but perhaps it won't be long till you won't be able to get hired unless you have the equipment, except by those who are bitter about some having the equipment. Kind of think the last person I chopped for was not happy that I used equipment because a remark he made while I was leaving the farm (saw it too late to respond). At any rate, it left me feeling negative about the whole thing.

Back when i started playing the game, I moved up by hard work. I was actually probably the richest of my neighbors because of hard work. Games were cool because you could be poor in real life, but rich in a game. Now all the games are the same, with loads of cash items. And frankly in this game, the farmcash items are the ones that make you rich with the least amount of work. Other games the cash is mainly just decorative items. This one it is the best money making facilities and now it is the equipment to work on others farms and grab all the work. Don't get me wrong. I love this game. I just made level 160 the other day and rarely work on others farms anyway, and believe the game can be fun without all the farmcash items, and that you can even get some of them, so it is important to decide carefully before buying one. However, I think that allowing the use of the farmcash equipment on others farms was not a good move, especially the plow that allows the moving up of levels to come too easily. I am sure it made them real money as some people probably broke down and bought the farmcash to buy the items, so in the terms of a good business decision, I suppose it was a winner.