View Single Post
Old May 26 2023, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get neighbors for my cat's account. I see this:

<< a) When visiting a farm, send a neighbour or buddy request to the farm owner using the blue and green silhouette icons with a plus sign located in the visitor toolbox
b) When reading an offline message, send a nieghbour or buddy request to the message sender using the blue and green silhouette icons

But my cat is a new user (Level 504) - how would she visit farms or get offline messages? I'd just as soon not go through FB although I did post there last night - no results so far. Should I create a Forum account for her? I'm asking for myself, obviously, but also wondering in general how to help new users get started in FT. I could leave messages for my current neighbors - that's time consuming but one way to do it, I guess. But even there, I only know how to ask for neighbors via FB. Our Farm URLs don't seem to be unique - just the un/pw. So I can't post a URL to her farm and ask people to visit and send requests.

Help?
Hi Susan

No matter her level, she could go to market to be hired or hire, or use the option to meet new farmers at market.

That way she could make a conection with other farmers. If she is hired, then she could try the visitor toolbox or send a message and if it is responded then use the icons there.

While we are still in Facebook, then some of your own friends could send her a friend request and then become into neighbors.

In case she has a problem, you can use your own forum account to post it but providing her id number.