View Single Post
Old Oct 21 2011, 12:49 PM

Default Glitches with adding neighbors & gifts

I know there are separate threads for these problems, but since most of the issue has happened since the last update, I wanted to repost here first.

Several days ago, I reported about problems with my gifts and my "unscientific test". I am on Face Book and usually only use Firefox. Out of curiosity, I used IE, and was able to send gifts. On Firefox, after I selected the gift all I was getting was a white screen with a picture of the gift. (I am still getting that.) On IE, once I selected the gift, "Proceed to Send", I was able to select any of the tabs..."Farmer Friends", All Friends, etc, and sent gifts easily.
I did have gifts show up today on the old Face Book area on the left side of my profile page. I could accept those and exchange and they did go to my gift box.
However, I had gifts under the My Requests tab on my farm, and using Firefox I was able to accept the gift, exchange it, but then I can't do anything else. Still can't send gifts or have any of the tabs open for me when using Firefox.

The second problem has to do with adding neighbors. A few days ago, I went to our social forum, selected some people to add as Face Book friends, and eventually as neighbors. I asked 11 people and all 11 accepted my friend request. They then showed up on my FT page under the "My Neighbors" tab. As usual, it said "So and So is not your neighbor"...Invite. I clicked on all of these and ASSUMED the request had gone to them. (It has been quite a while since I added any neighbors.) Well, I got messages on Face Book from several, saying they had not received my request to be a neighbor.
Still thinking about the Gift Problem/Firefox/Face Book connection, I went to IE and clicked on each one of these again. (The box had never changed that says "So and So has not accepted your request".) When I clicked "Add as a neighbor", a Face Book window opened with the "official" request, clicked on it and off the requests went. (9 out of 11 are now official neighbors)
Has anyone else tried to add neighbors in the last few days using Face Book & Firefox???
Also, at the same time, on IE the real Face Book profile pictures shows above each of the avatar pictures. Back on FT with Firefox, only the white generic profile picture from Face Book shows above the avatar. All of the other info (xp, level, avatar name and avatar picture) shows the same on IE and Firefox.
The issue with the generic picture started immediately after Face Book did their wonderful super-duper upgrade about 3 weeks ago. (Bah-humbug) (The day Farm Town was shut down for a couple of hours, on a Friday afternoon..CDST.) When I went to Farm Town the very first time after the "upgrade" by FB, I only had the white generic profile picture. Not a big deal, but when all of the other glitches keep happening, it just tells me that there is a connection (or lack thereof) between Face Book, Firefox, and Farm Town.
Sorry for the length of this message and I hope it was clear, and is somewhat helpful to the devs. Gotta be frustrating to them, cause it sure is to me and all of us having these issues.
Thanks for all the attempts!!!
Deborah