Thread: Updated Chapter 21 - Tools
View Single Post
Old May 12 2012, 09:10 AM

Default Can I use my tool on other farmers' farms?

Q: Can I use my tools on other farmers' farms?

A: You can use both 3x3 coin tools and Farm Cash tools to work on crops, trees, flowers and fish on other farms as long as you have placed those tools into your Item storage.

There are some other tools, like the mobile sprinkler and some of the freestlyle hand designers, that you can also use, in some circumstances, on other peoples farms, but some you can not. The details for those are in each individual post for those tools later in this chapter. A quick way to know if you can use a tool when on someones farm is to look in the toolbox. If a tool is greyed out in the toolbox then you don't have access to that tool to use.

You will be able to use the tools owned by your employer if they have allowed it. If the tools use fuel you will need to have fuel to use them unless the farm owner has allowed the use of their own fuel. If the farm owner has allowed the use of their tools and fuel you will see the information is in the hiring popup when you are offered a job. However it does not tell you if you will be using their fuel first or last, it could be either.

Both your tools and the farm owners tools can be found by opening the toolbox. Tools that are greyed out, you don't have access to.

When hired for a single job the tool you can use will be automatically given to you and will also appear in the game panel in place of the store & gift icons.

If hired multiple, the correct tools will be automatically given to you for each job or can be accessed via the yellow toolbox.

For all options on Hiring and Fuel allowance see How do I hire someone to work on my farm(s)?

NOTE: If the farm owner has allowed the use of their fuel you may not get to use theirs first depending on what they set the fuel allowance to. They have 3 options for fuel allowance

Also if they run out of fuel you will need to use your own fuel to continue working with out having to drop to using the x1 and x2 tools.

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 11 2023 at 02:29 PM.