View Single Post
Old Aug 28 2011, 10:15 AM

I love to fish my farms as well. I have spread my fishable water features on 4 different farms, and they are all very easy to fish. I get the small costs emptied in 8 or 9 clicks and the large coast in 24-28 clicks. I have several rivers - 2 clicks for each river segment, several corners - 1 click, small lakes - 3 clicks, big lakes vary but generally under 20 clicks. I hide everything hideable before going to the farms with the water features, so that they aren't showing over the edges - which is where I generally find the fish.

I will fish on request in the MP, and generally love doing it, since they generally hire me for more work once I am there - it might be their way of filtering out the beggars in the MP.

I have only been hired a couple of times on the super layered water farms where there are a ton over lapped fishable items. I did about 3-5 minutes of fishing for the farmer, and then left a message saying that "I fished for the 3-5 minutes, but all of the over lapping items made it difficult to do a good job." That way they may understand that their decorative choice made the work more difficult on the people they are trying to hire.

I think that if you have made a water farm for decorative purposes, it is unreasonable to expect someone will fish all of the features, especially when the farmer hiring you doesn't have the bait, and they have them overlapped so much that you cannot get a good yield per click.

But we all get to play the game the way we want, and we all live our farming lives by that choice.

You may want to hire people to work other items, and then once they get to the farm you want to have fished, ask then, that way they see what is available to fish. I know that I have accepted to fish 3 small ponds after getting a couple of hundred plots to harvest and plow. If I had been hired to fish only the 3 small ponds, I would have been very disappointed, but would have done it, so I could help the player.