View Single Post
Old May 11 2010, 06:12 PM

I have gotten to a point where I don't want to hire people from the market place anymore. As soon as they arrive and see you have a low paying crop like peanuts or sugarcane, they harvest half a dozen plots, then disappear. Yesterday, I had that happen twice with the same plot! These people end up on my "do not hire" list, which I DO check before I hire anyone. I finally found one person who was pretty slow, but DID do the job.

It has been my experience that those who refuse to do the lower paying harvesting are those at the higher levels. This is why I would like to know the level of a person before I hire them. Those who are just starting or are down there in the under 60 category are willing to take any job. Those who are already at level 80 only want to plow or do pineapples.

I tried to hire 4 different people today to harvest - they each saw I had grape tomatoes, lettuce, and squash, and immediately left. I only hire one person per job and always give them the option to plow, but if they are too good to harvest the lesser crops, then I don't want to hire them just to plow either. I ended up doing it myself.

I am at level 80, have 3 farms, and all the facilities, and a huge sum of cash and I've been playing almost 3 months. I got this by taking any and all jobs that came up. Even now, I spend my evenings harvesting low value crops because it seems no one else wants to be bothered with them.

I don't know what to do to solve the problem but - I do think knowing a person's level would be most helpful. I would be hiring those who NEED the work and won't walk off in the middle of a job.

Okay.. I'm getting off my soap box.. going to harvest some goodies!!