View Single Post
Old Jan 06 2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy559 View Post
I personally love the ships. As a result of the ships, I have had to get a whole lot of new and active neighbours, which has also been wonderful as I love meeting new people. I have removed all the inactive players, and replaced them with new ones.

Something everyone needs to remember though is that we all live in the real world where we have responsibilities. I cannot be on FT 24 hours a day, and I respect that my neigbours cant either. I load my containers on the week end and at night when I am home and have the time, and I check in on them now and again. I will go mad if I have to sit and obsess where the ships are. Similarly, I move the ships in my port when I log on. I cant obsess about ships in my port.

The ships are a lovely extra, especially since they don't cost real money and it pains me when I read all the rude posts.
Yep. Definitely psychologically sturdy. To be able to say, "This is how I'm going to do it and I can't worry about the rest." Awesome.

I don't like the rude posts either. Definitely NOT psychologically sturdy folks! But still a bummer to see. I haven't gotten any of those actually. I suspect I have a pretty nice group of neighbors. But I've read posts others have gotten and they've been pretty hurtful. Frankly? If I got a post like that unless it was someone I really liked and that I knew was overly stressed in their real life so that I was able to cut them some slack, I'd probably manage to lose them as a neighbor. I just don't want to be treated that way. Nope, I don't.

I also liked your comments about making new friends and clearing out inactive players. I've thought that's been a neat thing the ships have done, too. I'm seeing the benefits in other aspects of the game as well.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫