View Single Post
Old Sep 10 2011, 12:53 PM

Well, personally I hope they don't go the Farmville route and start wanting people to spam their neighbours in order to build stuff. I've given up on several games when they got to the point of "ask 15 neighbours for 6 of this, 6 of that, 12 of that" every time some new building or tool shows up, and then again for upgrades to the buildings and tools. My FB feed is totally clogged with trash from Farmville, and I'd hate to see Farm Town go the same way.

I left this game for a while when I got to the top level and got bored; this was before the facilities were introduced and when you could only have two farms. I came back during the Farmville throttle debacle, and was level 69 with two farms. Less than six months later I'm nearly level 200 with 11 farms (six maxed out at 24x24) and plenty of spare coins for Farm 12 when it comes out. I think I've spent $30 on the game. I have very few cash facilities, and am still waiting to collect enough FC from levelling to get my combine, but I'm managing just fine without spending a wad of cash on the game.

Having said that, I do agree it'd be nice to have coin tree shakers and flower harvesters that you can use on your own farm like the smaller harvest and plow tools. But I'd rather go without than see this game turn into anything resembling Farmville and its intrusiveness.

I think every game that's been around for a while is losing players; I'm seeing people saying the same thing at the Farmville forums. There are so many more farm games than there were a couple of years ago, as well as more games of every kind, and people only have so many hours in a day. One of the problems for the Farm Town owners is that it's Slashkey's only game so they can't cross-promote. I think Zynga keeps some of its games going by encouraging players to play other Zynga games in order to get stuff for their preferred game. I ended up playing Mafia Wars for a few months after getting sucked into it in order to get something for Farmville.

Last edited by tnbskts; Sep 10 2011 at 01:38 PM.