View Single Post
Old Sep 10 2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Yeah, I can understand the newbie looking up at the every-growing mountain of high level players..... wishing someone would "give" him the opportunity to be high on the mountain too..... and complaining because the game won't change to accommodate him/her.

And I hear again the complaint that those capitalistic greedy developers are making money on their ideas, their work effort, and their product.

I try to get away once in awhile from the country's politics and the same kind of "arguments" I hear from a particular side of the political spectrum in this country: ... not fair, rich should pay their "fair share", give ME what you have....

blah, blah, blah

However.... perhaps since the game needs more new players (and it is ONLY a game).... the devs could have some "special tools" for the lower levels, say levels 1-50 or 1-75 that would allow them (give them for their non-effort) to have a taste of the "good life". And then the tools or whatever would become inactive and useless at the 50th or 75th level, and they could again play the game the way everyone else has been playing it ....

or go play farmville.

My ideas have nothing to do with politics or any sense of entitlement and are solely proposed to address the fact that there are only 1.5M left playing the game. That's down from nearly 19M at it's peak. Every week, 20,000 more people quit the game then start the game. It is the 248th most popular app on FB. It was once in the top 20..maybe even the top 10.

I do not begrudge the developers a profit. In fact, I've contributed greatly to their profitability. I want to see them continue to be profitable and more players mean more profits. This is not a game, it's a business and as with any business keeping customers (players) happy is an important part of their success.