View Single Post
Old Sep 10 2011, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbskts View Post
The 3x3 tools are available for coins, and can be used on farmers' own farms. I agree it's a pain to not be able to use the coin tools on other people's farms, but we have 260 levels and counting, which is 260 free FC, and the 4x4 harvester and plower are 45 FC each. It doesn't take that long to get to level 90.

I think we're really fortunate that Farm Town isn't going the way of some of the other games, with weekly limited-edition cash items for one theme or other, and with most of the good decorations available for cash only - that really does make the game into different experiences for the haves and have nots. At Farm Town almost all the animals, trees, flowers, and decorations are for coins, you just need to unlock them at different levels, and half the facilities are also for coins as well as most of the basic tools. Things could be an awful lot worse.
True, but they can't be used on others farms and I don't believe there is a coin fishing boat, flower harvester or combine. Not to mention that there are nearly 50 FC facilities now so someone that can't afford to spend real money on the game is forced to do without tools or do without any FC facilities.

It's great, for the decorator that most decorations in FT are available for coins but it puts the burden of paying for the game solidly on the backs of the producers.

Since you mentioned other games, FV does charge FC for lots of cool decorations and animals. But I've never had to pay for any tool or any thing else that is a significant producer of coins or points. My 5x5 combine was free and built with the help of friends...as were all the animal pens and sheds and any other functional building. I've spent quite a lot on that game but never spent a penny on anything that was necessary to gaining points or coins.