Thread: not secure
View Single Post
Old Mar 28 2023, 06:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseDJ View Post
I have noticed that slashkey.com/forum and slashkey.com/farmtown both have !not secure at the head of the url in the address bar. I am concerned that we will be vulnerable to hackers once we leave Facebook. I hope Slashkey will be addressing this. I am not sure how a hacker could benefit from messing with our farms. I think some might do it just for the fun of it.
Hi DeniseDJ,
The forums have never been secure in all these years. Most forums are not secured to allow any one (including players who have not registered) to view the posts in it like the release threads without having to register and log in. That is why we do not want you to put your email address in any post here. Your email address in your user profile here is not viewable by anyone other than adminstrators of the forum. So you are secure.
The website being worked on will be secure and has the https in the address when it is released for you to use. It is not ready yet for you to use.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Mar 28 2023 at 06:26 PM.