View Single Post
Old Aug 07 2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy too View Post
I had the strangest interaction with a farmer I hired. I hired her from the MP, she said she listed the tools she had for H/P. the farm was MOSTLY crops, but two rows of trees and a few beds of flowers.
When she was done, she left me a nasty message about how I had "ripped her off" of getting a bonus by not JUST hiring her for H&P. I answered back nicely, explaining that you don't NEED special tools to do flowers and trees, and that the bonus was for finishing the job. Plus, she accepted the job which included flowers and trees. She messaged me back saying that when someone lists H&P at the MP, that means they can ONLY be hired for H&P, and that she doesn't take the time to "inspect" the hire request to make sure it's right. She was a lower level player, I assumed she had little experience with the game.

I basically told her that if you don't want to do a certain job, don't accept it, and if you want to earn the bonus, then finish the job you accepted. I did not call her names or put her down in any way, just explained the way the hiring practice and bonuses work. and repeated that though it takes time, you can do flowers and trees without buying extra tools.

So - a couple of hours later, I got a message from another farmer saying she was the mother of farmer #1, and that I had upset her daughter by being so mean to her, that "it's just a game" and if her daughter didn't want to do my damn flowers then she doesn't have to, and if I can't understand that some of the other players are CHILDREN, then I shouldn't be playing the game.
I answered her back, and quoted what her daughter had written to me, pointing out that the only "rudeness" had come from the kid, not from me.

I have played the game for a long time, and things have changed a LOT recently. any time I need to hire someone, I encounter more farmers who will only do certain jobs, will only work solo, etc. I get when people don't want to fish, because without a boat, it's tough to finish the job. But it was the first time when I got chewed out for including trees and flowers in my request.
I don't like to be hired with a bunch of other people because it makes the farm so heavy its hard to move and since I have all the tools I really don't need the help. I don't request to work alone but if I go to a farm where there are a bunch of people working I just quietly leave and go back to the market.