View Single Post
Old Oct 05 2023, 09:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozeeS View Post
This past week's NCC I found that one of my neighbours was not only on my team but competing against me! How is this possible?

The neighbour competing against me finished 2nd in the competing neighbours and I was 5th. Actually 5th is a good finish for me because I am usually bottom of the group almost every week, despite some of my best efforts.

I don't understand the selection of competing groups because there is always one group who is at least 11,000,000 points above me consistantly. Many years ago, before I added lots of people to help me with quests and other things in the game, I used to win occasionally. Since then I have not won a contest, it's been years. It seems unfair that even though I have at least one of each facility I never get a win in the NCC these days.

The neighbour who was on my team and also competing against me only had 1 of each of the coin facilities but finished 2nd in the team competing neighbourhoods. Would I have finised at a higher level if this neighbour had not been competing against me and just in my team?

I think the whole contest would be a lot fairer if we were allowed to chose a selected amount of team members each week instead of counting how many facilities that team has. Obviously those that have maximum amount of neighbours who are actively playing will do better. It would be our choice each week and we could try different players.

I can't force my team members to play, to constantly fill their NCC facilities and post them, and work other neighbour's facilities. I am very lucky that I have a great neighbours who work my facilities when I post them.

As another poster has pointed out many do not actively play but take part by not de-activating their NCC. I expect many of them only take part to get the few goodies handed out at the end of the week and not really bothered about putting in the work. Perhaps there should be a better way in making this contest fairer and I should not have to compete against a fellow neighbour's team!
Hi RozeeS,
Your neighbor competing against you is only because at the time the teams were selected for your group of competitors there were not enough other teams (non-neighbors) who had a similar number of facilities at the time of the selection. It doesn't happen often that you would compete against a neighbor it does on occasion happen.
Playing against them is not like competing against yourself as you each have your own separate neighbors. The only common area would be your individual points will count on her total and her points will count on yours.

Even if some do not deactivate and may only have 1 facility in the contest they also help by adding to your total points by being a multiplier of your points.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.