View Single Post
Old Sep 10 2011, 01:00 AM

I don't have either sprinkler yet, but I'm not going to buy the red one if it means the brown one is disabled. They can say all they like that the red one is an extension of the brown one, but it costs as much as any other individual tool, not the 30 FC amount that extensions usually cost.

I have the 5x5 implements, and I'm glad that buying them didn't disable the 4x4 and smaller ones, because (especially for the plower and seeder) I sometimes need them. In the same way, since the brown and red sprinklers have somewhat different uses, and ESPECIALLY since the brown one cost 45 FC, it's really inconsiderate to remove it. If the extended toolbox is getting full, just make it bigger, don't start taking away implements we've paid the full whack of FC for.

Farm Town has always been really good about letting people play in the way they want to, unlike certain other farm games out there which are getting very dictatorial. This is a surprising and unwelcome development from Farm Town, deciding that people just need to change the way they farm and suck it up rather than letting them keep a tool they paid significant money for.

The other thing that's worrying me about this is the silence from the devs. Last time there was an outcry about something - all the wall posts when the belts were introduced - there was a pretty swift response from the devs. This time, after a week or more, there's dead silence. Not even "we hear you, we're working on it" or even "we hear you and we might do something in the future," just the sort of silence that's rather more characteristic of certain other farm games out there but quite unusual for Farm Town.

Last edited by tnbskts; Sep 10 2011 at 01:06 AM.