View Single Post
Old Feb 01 2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaNana View Post
Amen! I was under the impression (mistaken, obviously) that the sprinkler would work the way the manure spreader does. I even did a search and tried to figure out how to make it work for multiple crops. The answer said to sprinkle BEFORE planting. So I planted one plot of watermelons, sprinkled, then planted the rest of the farm in watermelons. Guess what? Only the one plot will be ready in half the time. Sometimes I have several short crops I'd like to plant/harvest and get them in my storage. Doesn't work with sprinkler. If I plant say, a 12 hour crop, harvest it, then another 12 hour crop, the second crop will take the full 12 hours and I can't re-sprinkle. $50 FC is a lot to spend for less than optimum use. Not pleased.
Well I harvest crops, plant crops, Harvest the trees and flowers, and then water that farm and it does a fine job for that farm, however only one time a day.

Therefore If I want to plant 4 hour, 8 hour, and 12 hour crops all in one day, after harvesting crops, trees and flowers on that farm I plant the 8 hour crop water that crop along with the trees and flowers first, then in 4 hours I harvest that crop and plant the other 4 hour crop, and in 4 hours it's ready to be harvested without being watered, and I plant the 12 hour crop not watered for tomorrow morning.

That all works fine for me.