View Single Post
Old Mar 24 2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janisko View Post
I am also a level 80+. I think you're using the batch and unit numbers incorrectly. Each milk harvested will produce one batch of whatever you're producing. So, if you have 4 cows your 4 harvested milks are enough for 4 batches of butter or 2 batches of butter and 2 batches of cheese, etc.

The way I figure it I don't agree.. You can harvest your milk 3 times per day but let's assume for this discussion that you do it just once per day. You would make 35 coins on each goat milk and 30 coins on each cow milk if you sell them with no production.

If you produce butter with the cow milk you can produce 1 batch/20 units per milk harvested and collect $140 in coin for each batch. The dairy facility will allow you to produce the butter every 30 minutes or 48 batches per day. Those 48 batches of butter will pay you $6720. You also receive 1 XP when you start production and another when you move to storage (I believe that's correct). If sold as milk the 48 would pay you only $1440 in coin. You come out $5280 ahead by processing butter. You could do this with only 16 cows if you harvested them three times per day or 24 cows if harvested twice daily. Twelve cows on each of two farms isn't too many.

If you have only one cow and harvest it only once per day you will have enough milk for 1 batch/20 units of butter. That butter will pay you $140 in coins and 2 xp's where the direct sell of the milk is only 30 coins. Where do you say you come out behind?

You can process 8 batches of goat milk per day and 4 batches of cow cheese per day. Butter and goat cheese are the way to go but a little cow cheese is good if you start getting too far behind on production of butter.

The goat milk processed as cheese is an even better deal. With 8 batches processed per day here's how I figure it... 8 batches times $960 per batch nets you $7680 per day in coin. If you sold the milk directly you'd receive only $35 per milk for a total of $280. You come out $7400 ahead per day. It would take only 4 goats, harvested twice daily to have enough milk for maximum production.

My numbers will become invalid and the take will increase when they allow for the faster production soon.

You comments? OR comments from others?
Thanks for the math on this. Will come in handy when I update the data sheet. Also, I don't believe you get 1 experience point for moving the finished product to the store. At least I don't. Maybe the moderators can clarify that one for us.

The Official Farm Town Data Sheet for the Farm Town Game - Production Information can be found here

If you find a mistake or want to make a comment about my data sheets, could you please send me a private message on here. They seem to be deleted before I can get in to read them or reply. The only way I know about them, is they are emailed to me.