View Single Post
Old Jan 24 2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoopsidaisy View Post
I went to the hire market today and clicked on 7 people (one at a time, since I only hire solo) who said they wanted work. They all refused to harvest, they wanted to plow only. Crops have to be harvested before the ground can be plowed. Since I didn't feel like begging people to make money I went and did it myself, like always. If they won't harvest they don't get to plow. I can't understand why I even bother going there anymore. My grandsons farm where I was trying to hire people to work was all rhubarb, 3 farms of it and no one wanted it. Yet these same people are probably complaining they don't get any work because of the 4x4's. On my grand daughters farm, same thing. No one would do the flowers on farm one and two people I hired (one at a time) left. Farm 2 and 3 were rhubarb but they didn't wait around to see. As far as I am concerned hiring players without a 4x4 tool is a joke, they don't really want to work and the ones with the tools are grabbed up so fast you can't get them. It's just faster to do all of it myself and avoid that market altogether.
I don't go to the market very often these days, but when I do, I take all offers without any complaint whatsoever and never, ever leave a farm until it is finished. However, I do find that quite a lot of people play the hiring game by hiring someone who finds a million flowers to be done, and leaves out of sheer frustration, never knowing what is on the other farms as the PRIZE for doing the flowers.

Heads up to Whoopsidaisy - I am also often hired by people who allow me to do the 'prized' fields first and then, on finding that I am a willing fast worker, ask me very nicely if I am willing to do their million flowers at the end of the job. My answer to them is always YES !!!