View Single Post
Old Jan 23 2011, 10:38 PM
Account Not Linked

For what it is worth, I would just like to add my two cents to the issue of the 4x4 tools.

Recently I was hired to plow a farm and when I showed up and started to plow with my 4x4 the two persons who were harvesting left almost immediately leaving more than 90% of the farm unharvested, and therefore I had no choice but to leave it unplowed... the hiring farmer was elsewhere. Today I was in the Marketplace and someone was calling for 4x4 to be banned. It is apparent that there is growing animosity towards those who have 4x4. I have personally witnessed people being mowed over, and have myself been mowed over by persons with a 4x4 in the past. My strategy was to get out of there as fast as I could so I could live to work another day! LOL. However, my point is that there is greed, unkind, selfish, and unacceptable behavior running amuck on both sides of the fence. Before the tools came into being, I had worked with people who would run you over for the last few fields. There is need for both sets of persons in the marketplace, and I hope we can find some common ground on which to resolve this issue for the good of all.

By thw way, thank you DEVs for those awesome and cool "super" tools! They took the drudgery out of farming, and make it more pleasurable for a city girl like me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Peace and love.