View Single Post
Old Feb 27 2010, 07:02 PM

For most of my time playing Farmtown (I'm Level 60 now) I've been able to hire my neighbors to work on my farm. For the past few moths though many of my neighbors have left the game, so it's harder to catch a neighbor online when I need them. Instead I've been hiring from the Marketplace.

I'm in no particular hurry so I hire two people for one of my farms with a large harvest, and one person for the other farm with a medium harvest. I include trees for whomever wants them, and plowing too if they like. I sometimes end up, though, with 3-4 people for the large crop since not everyone answers my request right away and I end up making another request unknowingly. I usually have no grumblings from anyod. But there are those who feel themselves somehow entitled, as though they are doing me a "favor" working for me. For instance today I went ahead and hired a farmer who advertised they's only harvest if they could plow, then she proceeded to tell me not to hire anyone else when two more farmers showed up to help. Then she just "stood there" and refused to answer my plow requests when I first hired another farmer to plow also. Needless to say I will never hire her again.