View Single Post
Old Sep 08 2011, 02:58 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad Shadow View Post
I believe if someone else waters for you it does NOT quicken the harvest time. Would be a shame it your 4 day crop goes to waste whilst you are away. It also makes a mockery of the belt system. I worked for the belts, waiting days for it to happen.

Only you can speed up the growth of your crops but they will not go to waste quicker then if you didn't speed up the growth. Lets say you plant a 4 day crop and don't water it it will go to waste in 8 ft days. That is 4 growing days and then 4 days to harvest the crop. Now if you speed up the growth right after you plant the crop then it the crop will still go to waste in 8 ft days. The only difference is the 4 day crop will be ready to harvest in 2 ft days instead of 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Country Girl View Post
I knew it did not quicken harvest time but also found out that if someone else waters your farms then you will not be able to use the red sprinkler to irrigate the farms they watered until the time period is up. I do hope this is a glitch and they are working on fixing this soon. I wrote to all my neighbors asking them to please not water my farms since I want to irrigate them when i plant.
Also I wish the farm was irrigated (like when you fertlize) and not just the crop.

That is not completely true. The way it is supposed to work is if someone waters your farm you can still water your farm to speed up growth right after them, this does work as long as you have crops on the farm. The glitch in this seems to be the people that only have flowers on the farm and no crops it will not let them water the farm after someone else waters for them. They have to plant something for the red sprinkler to work. Once something is planted it will speed up the growth of the crops and flowers. Hopefully that will be fixed soon because some people like myself have a flower only farm.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.