View Single Post
Old Jul 28 2011, 10:41 AM
Account Not Linked

Until we have a better way to "advertise" which tools we have, is it really that hard for hiring farmers to figure out from my avatar name ("___ 5x5 combine H/P pls") that I'm not interested in trees, fishing, chopping, or picking flowers since I don't yet have those tools? Otherwise, I'd be "____ ALL tools". Yet I continue to get cheery work requests for every task. I click "no thanks" and inevitably the farmer's next comment in chat is "doesn't any1 want 2 work?". Sigh. The tools/no tools issue works both ways.

Once in a while I accept a harvest/plow request only to land on the farm and find some poor soul plugging along field by field. I had to do the same thing from level 1 through about level 80 so I remember how much clicking it involves. No way am I going to steamroller them with my combine. I'll either switch tools to the hand scythe and join them on the same level if I have time, or tell the farmer I'm going to leave it to XXX who was there first.

And then there's the farmers who hire three or more combine workers. Ridiculous. It was bad enough to participate in "feeding frenzy" harvesting with the hand tool back in the day. I'm not gonna do it now, 25 at a time. Not that desperate for work.