View Single Post
Old Jun 15 2011, 10:04 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
good idea i do see its merrits

however i find that farmtown is very realistic (well crop times arnt) but i guess if we had to wait 8 weeks for a crop to be ready we would give up playing but real farmers cant freeze there crops (unless its very cold where they live) so that would be unrealistic farmtown is about managing your crops only plant what you know you can harvest like dont plant rasberries if you know you will be going out directly after planting and wont be home till the morning

i personally hope they dont introduce a freeze crop option
What I have suggested in the past and I think could be good for the game is some different kinds of fertilizer for the farm. They would cost fc but there would be other ways of getting them, more on that in a minute. What the fertilizers could do is this.

1. Take time off of growing anywhere from 1 hour to instant growth.
  2. Unspoil on a crop that way if you miss getting a crop you could bring it back to life. I don't know if this is possible but it would only work for the top layer if a farm is layered.
  3. Add a percent of mastery for the belt system, though as easy as the belts are this wouldn't be much help to older players.
How it could work is this the fertilizer cost fc that way people are not using tons of it or if they are they are spending real money or doing offers to get it that way the devs make some money off of it. Other ways to get is is to redo the lottery system and change it to a rewards system where you get the following depending on the day in a row you play.

1. Day one you get coins.
  2. Day two you get 1000 of a crop that is needed a lot like rice, wheat, potatoes, or corn but not limited to those options.
  3. Day three you get another 1000 crops like before.
  4. Day four you get 500 of a cash fish like cod, salmon, or lobster to use in facilities.
  5. Day five you get an ingredient that is needed a lot like cheese, canned tuna, or something that is used in other facilities, fuel could be an option here as well.
  6. Day six you get one of the special fertilizers to use in the farm and could send 1 to six different neighbors.
  7. Day seven you get 1 fc.
This would let people get a break form unexpected stuff coming up but at the same time not let it be common place because you buy it with coins. It could also help when you have a new facility come out that uses a longer term crop like we had with the last facility you don't have to wait 3 or more days to get the crop you need for the new facility. I think it could also help keep players because they would get a little free fc not so much that it will negate buying it but there is that added reward for not skipping a day playing the game.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.