Thread: Official Top Post Thread Wall Request Issues
View Single Post
Old Nov 17 2023, 06:55 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivienne57 View Post
I am a bit confused with this message that shows:

(Hide posts from Farmers that have you as a Neighbour or Buddy but are not your Neighbours or Buddies)

To me it doesn't make sense.

Thank you
Hi Vivienne57,

That was one of the very early methods introduced before the game left Facebook that you could use to help you know who you did not have a connection to on the website yet. Back then, everyone had to quickly start making sure that they had connections in the game with Facebook friends in order to be able to continue helping them with things like facility work requests, bonuses, ingredients after the game left Facebook.

You could use the links to show/hide the requests from friends that were not on either your Neighbour or Buddy list yet, which then helped you to know who you still needed to add.

Other methods were gradually introduced into the game later, as the devs had time to add them. Seeing Manage for example, under a sent train boost, on ships sent to you, pending gifts in the website gift manager and in the user action panel beneath the game made that much easier to do than using those links. Those methods are also useful as you can add and send requests to be farming friends without the requirement to be Facebook friends.

By now most will have already have added who were their current FB friends back in July to either a Neighbour or a Buddy list. Those that have done that are not likely to see much or any difference when clicking on the Include post or Hide posts links.

As Farm Town is no longer on Facebook it can no longer get the data for who anyone's current Facebook friends are or know when anyone makes any changes to their FB friends. The website is only for playing FT. It is not a social platform. There is no social interaction outside of the game there, like there is on FB.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.