Thread: Official Top Post Thread Cargo Ships
View Single Post
Old Sep 17 2023, 12:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerKBW View Post
This has been happening lately with every ship.

When I am at work on my own farm, and I start to prepare a ship, I am not always getting the notifications that my containers are done.
Sometimes I'm getting them, but often, I'm not.

I understand that, if I leave my farm, like to work for a SuperNeighbor, the notifications will stop. Usually, if I'm going to be working for the same SN for a while, if I open up my ship and prepare the next container, the notifications will begin again until I move to another farm - but, it also often stops notifying me when the containers are ready if I'm on the same SN farm, too, for a long time, and I prepare containers from that farm.

I just don't understand why I'm not getting the notifications when I begin to prepare a ship when I'm on my own farm, don't leave my farm for a long time, and am actively planting, harvesting, or decorating my farm. Does the game not know that I'm on my farm? I do also find that I'm getting "time out" messages when I'm planting - the game telling me that I've been inactive when I'm not inactive, I'm planting. Is that not considered activity? Is that why I'm not getting notifications about the ship containers?

It's just annoying, because I'm busy with facilities or planting, and I lose track of time, but it occurs to me that it's been more than 15 minutes and I should have prepared several containers by then (because of FP, I do my ships every day, so there's never more than roughly 6 minutes in between containers).

I haven't seen anyone else post anything about not getting notifications about their containers, so I'm not sure if it's just me or what.

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

BTW, if I don't see your replies right away, it's because my personal email keeps sending those notifications to my junk mail even though I have noted that this is not junk mail over and over.

Kelly (KBW)
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...9172&farm_ix=0
Hi Kelly,
If you leave the individual farm you are on when you start the preparation of a container, then you will not get the notifications. It only works if you stay on one farm while you are preparing them.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.